Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
kdog77
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Media Sync failing to connect to my Blackberry Bold device

Hi, i am trying to use the Media Sync with my iTunes. What is most frustrating is that this has worked once before, however i had my phone changed due to a speaker issue and since then it doesnt work.

Has anybody seen this issue and can you assist how i fix it? My network provider advised it isnt in there responsibility.

KP

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Blackberry Media Sync failing to connect to my Blackberry Bold device

hello,

what do you mean, "fail to connect" ? can you explain what happens ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdog77

Thanks for your response.

I have desktop mgr 4.7 and BB plugged in and online. When i then click on the blackberry media sync function to upload my music from iTunes. It knows that my BB is still connected as it states my PIN No. in the top right hand corner, however as it is looking for my playlists, an error pops up and states "Blackberry Media Sync failed to connect to your Blackberry device. Click Retry to try again or Cancel to disconnect". If i click retry the same error comes up.

I am wondering if you can only assign one BB PIN to the Media Sync as it is linked to iTunes, similar to what Apple's restrictions are with having multiple iPods syncronising on the software.

Hope this makes sense, i was thinking i should send a snap shot of the screen into BlackBerry though can't find an email address to shoot it too.

Thoughts?

The Dog

Please use plain text.
Will3

Did you ever figure out how to solve this problem?  I'm having the same problem:  I was able to sync through BB media sync to my itunes one time, but now every time I try to sync it gives me the same "failed to connect" message you described.  My BB bold is connected and syncs my outlook data, etc. and the media sync window shows my bold's pin. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waterfront

I am haveing a simular problem media on my phone. It says I need to run as administrator. Any idea anyone?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

run as true administrator

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waterfront

How do you do that? I thought I was a true administrator. Please explain how I gain that access? Thanks...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kdog77

Hi, does anyone know how to run as the administrator, i too am not sure nor have i had any success in getting the Blackberry Media Sync to work. I am still faced with the same issue as origianlly outlined.

Also, my computer does not see the BOLD as a Mass storage, although i have all the settings in option switched on..... at this stage Roxio Media is my only option with is painfully slow.

Is there a Blackberry contact i can send my enquiry to?

Please use plain text.