03-12-2009 02:36 PM
03-12-2009 09:36 PM
03-12-2009 11:42 PM
03-24-2009 05:39 PM
I have a solution for Outlook Calendar sync problem and it comes via BlackBerry tech support. Apparently, some items can become corrupted which causes the problem described by me and the other two posts (Sorry, DaNobleSquare, I don't have any info for your question. I think it probably belongs to another post or thread).
1. Connect your BB Storm (or I expect any other BB model) and open the BB Desktop Manager.
2. In the Main Menu, go to Backup and Restore.
3. In the Backup and Restore menu go to Advanced.
4. If a window opens indicating "This application needs to use Mass Storage Mode ...", click "No".
5. After handshaking with your BB, you will see a Computer databases window on the left and a Device databases window on the right. In the Device databases window, scroll down to Calendar and select everything that has the word Calendar (this will probably be: Calendar, Calendar-All, & Calendar Options). You can select all of them by holding down Ctrl-while left-clicking on them).
6. Once selected, click on the Clear button. All Calendar items will be cleared from your BB.
7. Click on Back, which takes you to back to the Backup and Restore menu.
8. Click on Main menu.
9. Click on Synchronize.
10. Click on the Synchronize button in the middle of the Desktop Manager screen and your device will resync, correcting the Calendar problem.
I did notice, however, that the problem crept back about three days ago (a couple of weeks after I fixed it the first time). I went through the same process which corrected it again.
I suspect there may still be some bugs between Desktop Manager and Outlook or some of us just have some corrupted data that periodically enters the system.
05-18-2009 01:50 PM
06-29-2009 06:02 PM
06-30-2009 08:51 AM
Hi everyone and welcome to the forums!
Take a look at this other thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/mess
Let us know how it goes.
06-30-2009 12:42 PM
07-01-2009 07:49 AM