If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
LeGallois
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Calendar only Synchronises one way

I have Outlook 2010 as a mail client but no exchange server and I don't synchronise mails with my Torch, just the contact list and appointments.   After a recent update, appointments created in Outlook synchronise to the Torch OK, but appointments created on the Torch are not brought back to the PC.   Also Appointments created in Outlook are sometimes duplicated during synchronisation on the Torch.   Any ideas?   Many thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Calendar only Synchronises one way

Hey LeGallois,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This issue can be caused my multiple calendars on the BlackBerry smartphone. Follow the steps in this KB article and then test the synchronization: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19240

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeGallois

Many thanks for the reply.  After reading that kb article I went to Options in Calendar and found 2 accounts: Facebook and "Par défault" = by default (my Blackberry is in French).   But I don't have a Facebook account and have never knowingly created anything called Facebook on my Torch!   It's probably the result of an automated updated.  How can I get rid of it as it is obviously the source of the problem?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeGallois

One more thing, please.   Outlook allows you to colour code appointments and originally this colour coding was visible on the appointments transfered from PC to Torch.   Recently I noticed that the Outlook colour coding had been replaced by blue for Default (PC created) appointments and Green for Torch created appointments.   Now I've just learnt that green means that appointments created on the Torch are by default Facebook appointments, which explains why they are not transferred back to the PC during sync.

If we find some way to delete the Facebook account, perhaps by deleting the Facebook application?, will I get back my Outlook colour coding? which was useful.

Many thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

[ Edited ]

Hey LeGallois,

Thanks for the reply.

You can delete the Facebook calendar by going Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and look for an entry that shows (Facebook-CICAL).  Highlight this entry and press menu>delete.

Once this is completed you will need to move all the calendar entries to your email account (default).  Which can be done by completing scenario 1 in www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19240

Also the labels should return back to normal.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeGallois

Sorry to bother you again, but my Blackberry is in French and nowhere have I found anything like Advanced Options/Service Book.   I've looked in both Options inside the Calendar app, and the Options with the spanner icon on the main screen.   Where should I be looking?

10 minutes later: OK, after reading the kb I found something in Options(spanner)/Terminal/Advanced System Parameters/Default Services.   There's Calendar (CICAL) set to Facebook, but no alternative in the drop-down menu marked Facebook and no delete command in the Menu.   At that point the Menu just has Change App, Save and Close commands.

So how do I get rid of Facebook?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeGallois

Still the same problem - any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeGallois

Progress !   I tried defining my 2 email adresses on the Torch (which I had not done previously as I did not use the Torch for email) and started receiving all the mails on the Blackberry.   After that the email addresses appeared as alternatives to Facebook in the Calendar (CICAL) zone – but curiously not in Contacts List (SYNC) zone.

So I set one of the two email addresses as Calendar (CICAL).   That did 3 three things, 1 good and 2 bad:

1 Contacts entered in the Torch now are sync’d back to Outlook on the PC and appear once in the Outlook calendar.   That means the original problem is solved, but...

2 Now I have all contacts from Outlook appearing on the Torch calendar twice, once for each email address.   But in Outlook I have only one calendar defined, I just receive emails from two email addresses which is not the same thing!   How do I avoid this duplication?

3 Receiving mails on the Torch now means I also get all the spam mails on the Torch that are filtered and sent to trash by Outlook.   That’s not what I want, I don’t want to have to waste time deleting 50 spam mails a day manually on the Torch when they have already been trashed by Outlook.   How do I avoid that?

Please use plain text.