08-12-2008 02:22 AM
I have WAP enabled and I can access Internet from blackberry.However, I would like to know if I can do browse on Internet from Laptop through blackberry service using Desktop Manager.
08-12-2008 02:49 AM
To browse internet using BlackBerry device your need to configure your device as IP Modem. Follow the below steps to do so -
1. Connect Your BlackBerry
Make sure your BlackBerry is connected by USB cable, and launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager. This is necessary for using the BlackBerry as an external modem. You cannot use BlackBerry as a modem unless you have BlackBerry Desktop Manager running in the background!
2. Verify The Modem Driver Exists
Go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options. In the Modems tab, you should see a new "Standard Modem" on a new port (such as COM6 or COM11).
3. Verify The Modem Driver Is Functioning
Go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options. In the Modems tab, you should see a new Standard Modem on a new port (such as COM6 or COM11). Click Properties -> Diagnostics -> Query Modem. You should see the following:
ATQ0V1E0 - OK
AT+GMM - BlackBerry IPmodem
AT+FCLASS=? - OK
AT#CLS=? - OK
AT+GCI? - OK
AT+GCI=? - OK
ATI1 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
ATI2 - Research In Motion / BlackBerry IPmodem
4. SPECIAL CONFIGURATION STEP
Go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options. In the Modems tab, you should see a new Standard Modem on a new port (such as COM6 or COM11). Click Properties -> Advanced and add the following Extra initialization commands for T-mobile USA
Call your carrier to confirm the command
5. Add A New Internet Connection
Close the Phone and Modem Options and the Control Panel. Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections -> Create a new connection.
1. Click Next
2. Select "Connect To The Internet" then Next
3. Select "Set up my connection manually" then Next
4. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" then Next.
5. Check only the Standard Modem (if prompted).
6. Give the connection a name such as "BlackBerry Modem", then Next.
7. On the next screen, pick one of the following phone numbers *99#8. Use the user name and password that is used by your carrier
6. Disable IP Header Compression
Make sure TCP/IP Properties (Advanced) "Use IP Header Compression" checkbox is NOT checked. To verify this, do these steps:
1. Start Menu->Network Connections->"BlackBerry Modem"
2. Click Properties Button
3. Click Networking Tab
4. Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"
5. Click Properties Button
6. Click Advanced... Button
7. Disable "Use IP header compression" checkbox
8. Click all OK buttons to close all dialogs
Also make sure you clear all these checkboxes, if you see any of these checked:
Turn off "Enable Hardware Flow Control"
Turn off "Enable Modem Error Control"
Turn off "Enable Modem Compression"Note: You can check the knowledge base as well.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit