Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
jamcell
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Can't Change, Add or Remove Outlook Contacts Folder in Desktop Software

[ Edited ]

I’m using version 7.1.0.41  of the BlackBerry Desktop Software. I recently created a new updated PST file in Outlook 2010. When I looked at the BlackBerry Desktop Software Contacts Configuration by going to Organizer, then  Contacts – Microsoft Outlook: Configure…, Advanced Options: Advanced: Folders, I saw that the Desktop Software had defaulted to the default Contacts folder in my new Outlook profile. This wasn’t the Contacts Folder I had been using with my BlackBerry Curve 9320, so I chose “Select different contacts to sync”, double-clicked on my new Outlook Profile at the Root Level then selected the Contacts Folder I had used previously.

I found I could not use the Green Add button to add this folder and I couldn’t use the Red Remove button to delete the existing Main Contacts file. If I double-clicked on the Contacts folder which I wanted to use, the correct file path showed under “Select different contacts to sync”. However once I clicked OK and then returned to the Advanced Options, I found that it had reverted back to the original default settings.

I did notice that Outlook’s main Contacts file which I don’t want to use has a “Contacts” icon while the contacts Folder I want to use has only a generic folder icon. Under “My Contacts” in Outlook, however, all my Contacts files have the same icon. If I try to sync now, the Desktop Software wants to add all the contacts from my main Contacts group to my BlackBerry, which I don’t want. This all worked just fine before I updated my Outlook PST file.

Thanks for your help with this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamcell
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't Change, Add or Remove Outlook Contacts Folder in Desktop Software

[ Edited ]

I've now resolved the problem. I had an email folder name "Mobile Contacts" which was causing me to use the wrong path. I needed to open the folder with the Contacts icon to get to the next level down where the Contacts folder I wanted to use was.

I couldn't add, remove or delete the folder I was attempting to use because it was actually an email folder, not a contacts folder.

Please use plain text.