If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
bubbyman
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Can't Uninstall Blackberry Desktop

I upgraded Blackberry Desktop 6.1 to Blackberry Desktop 7.1 on my Windows XP laptop. There was a syncing issue so I uninstalled Blackberry Desktop. Upon attempting to reinstall Blackberry Desktop 6.1 and Blackberry Desktop 7.1 I could do so due to multiple issues.  Upon attempting to reinstall Blackberry Desktop 6.1, I get a message telling me that I can't do so because there is a newer version on my computer. Upon attempting to reinstall Blackberry Desktop 7.1, I get a message that there is a fatal mistake in the program and it can't be reinstalled. I cleaned my computer and my registry of all instancesof Blackberry, RIM, Research In Motion and tried to reinstall again to no avail. 

How the heck do I do a complete uninstall of Blackberry Desktop? When do a search of the c:drive and running Registry Crawler, I find no reference to anything having to do with Balckberry Desktop.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bubbyman
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Can't Uninstall Blackberry Desktop

Anybody home?

Please use plain text.