Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Can't install Desktop Software

Gidday MR

You almost certainly need to add the current Verisign Certificates by downloading; un-zipping and installing all the certificates in this package:

http://www.verisign.com/support/roots.zip

Apparently, all Verisign certificates expired on 31 Dec 2011 ...

Another good one, Blackberry. Shipped my device with the old certificates too!

BR, JK

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MRR4
My Device: Curvr 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help!! And your promptness in replying. It worked. I installed the certificates and was able to download the software. BB needs to get on the ball on these things, they are very frustrating on us, specially if they are techy illiterates like me. :-)

I have another question for if I may abuse your generosity. Is there a way I can transfer ringtones from a BB Curve 8520 to a Curve 9360? The ringtones a little padlock besides each. The 9360 doesnt have a lot of ringtones, like the 8520.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Gidday MR

MRR4 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you so much for your help!! And your promptness in replying. It worked. I installed the certificates and was able to download the software. BB needs to get on the ball on these things, they are very frustrating on us, specially if they are techy illiterates like me. :-)

I have another question for if I may abuse your generosity. Is there a way I can transfer ringtones from a BB Curve 8520 to a Curve 9360? The ringtones a little padlock besides each. The 9360 doesnt have a lot of ringtones, like the 8520.

Thank you.

Glad to be able to help, mate.

You MAY be able to copy them from the phone to your computer, then from your computer back to another phone.

Another possibility is to copy them from the phone memory to the MicroSD card and use that to copy them to your other phone.

However, you can also use any audio file (or part thereof) as a ring tone or message tone on any mobile phone. Personally, I prefer phones to just ring and give me a knee trembler :smileywink: ...

I did have to replace the message tone on my wife's Nokia phone because the volume was not adjustable, and the sound set my nerves on edge for hours. She often gets messages late at night! I used a short part of some gentle flute music I own instead. Just edited out 10 seconds of the sound file on my PC, downloaded it to her phone, selected it as the message tone, and all was well :Clap:

BR, JK

Please use plain text.
Visitor
aceecarig
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: globe

i am trying to install 7.1 version but its not working.. it keeps on just finding the old one that it came with.. i tried uninstall and reinstall on all the softwares but its still not working.. am i doing something wrong?

also i tried to check for updates but its saying its updated.. my os version is still 7.0.0.3XXX and the one i installed on my pc is 7.1.XXXX..

thanks for the future assistance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi aceecarig,

Try going to the folder c:\program files (x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader and find the file named vendor.xml. Delete that file just to be safe. Then open the file named Loader.exe and use that file to load the OS to your phone.

Just make sure to back up your phone using the Desktop Software just in case something goes wrong.

Hopefully that will work for you!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tweetybird
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry but where exactly do u copy that code? I'm a lil dumb here?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tweetybird
My Device: Not Specified

Gosh help in what format should I save this code because when I try to import it it tells me the file is in not a recognizable. Select another file
Please use plain text.
bcraw
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I also had problems installing the Desktop software. It successfully installed once I gave the PC internet access.

Just saying.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
john5050
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

i cant install without bluescreen crash death. had to remove new version BBdesktop manager.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
opaw1
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: *

how to do this step by step please help im using loptop compac

Please use plain text.