Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
OratorTrainer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't sync / uninstall / reinstall BB DM v4.7 - Windows Vista error 1402.

I am running BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.7 on Windows Vista Business. I was having no problems with the program until I downloaded the update that was recently published (build 59, date of publication 2009-06-05, size 111Mb). I downloaded this update through the Automatic Update feature in the program.

The update downloaded fine and went through the stages of installation until it stopped very near the end and gave me the following message:

Error 1402. Could not open key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PDXlator.ConnectorManger\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

It then “rolled back” the installation and closed the installer. Since then my PC has not recognised my BlackBerry meaning I can no longer sync relegating my BlackBerry to the status of phone and nothing more. When I realised that my PC was not recognising my BB I tried to do a system restore but there were no dates available before the date of the attempted update installation.

I have tried to uninstall the software and it gives me the same error message (Error 1402). I have downloaded the newest version of the software directly from the RIM website and tried to install it over the old version with the same result - Error 1402. I then tried installing the program “For all users of this machine” this gave the following:

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupwise6.5.X\GW.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024891. Contact your support personnel.

I hit ignore and it gave me four or five other messages which were very similar.

After that it stated that it was registering the modules and stayed at about 98% (on the bar) for over 60 mins until I quit the install.

I have tried changing the permissions/deleting the registry key referenced in Error 1402 but that gives me a message saying:

CLSID cannot be opened:

An error is preventing this key from being opened.

Details: Access is denied

I have transferred the ownership of the key (identified in Error 1402) into my user profile and made sure I have all permissions but still nothing changes.

Also, I have tried all of the steps outlined above in the administrator account and nothing is different.

If anyone has any ideas of how I might be able to address this issue, it'd be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TerryW
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Can't sync / uninstall / reinstall BB DM v4.7 - Windows Vista error 1402.

Try a Clean install using the link below. It worked for me.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Link courtesy of Xandrex in a previous post

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OratorTrainer

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the message. I have tried uninstalling the program many times and it gets stuck right near the end of the uninstall process giving me the same error message (1402) and then the uninstaller quits.This means I can't even complete step 1 of the uninstall process outlined in the article you directed me to.

Do you know how to address the issue stated in Error 1402?

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TerryW
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Just did a search on Error 1402 and it seems to point towards Roxio. Enter Error 1402 in the search box at the top of the page for the full story. One suggestion is to install an earlier version which does not include Roxio.

Terry

Please use plain text.
tmayer

Help! I have the exact same problem. I was running desktop 4.7 and was prompted to updated to 5.0. I tried to do so, but part way through the installation it snagged on a 1402 error as described by OratorTrainer. Interestingly enough, my error is with a different key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{A4DB76BC-7A1C-44e7-8B3F-9F55E7AF32C0}). Same problem, though, in that it says I don't have access to it. Now my 4.7 software no longer recognizes my Blackberry, however I can't uninstall, repair or reinstall it as it always snags on the exact same spot and rolls it back. I can't for the life of me touch the registry key in question. Can't delete it, change permissions, etc. Have tried with regedit, regedit run as administrator, from safe mode, etc. Please help!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OratorTrainer

Hi tmayer,

I know how you feel. Frustrated as all hell I bet.
I managed to solve my problem by running a fix (I'll show below) however, you should know that doing this has unregistered my copy of MS Office! I can still use Office but it tells me that it is not a genuine copy and sends me to the MS website at every opportunity. For me this has been a worthwhile tradeoff (at this stage) but I wanted you to be fully informed before you try anything I suggest. I will try and reinstall Office again when I have time which should remove this issue, but no guarantees. 

Anyway, here's a link to the fix I used- hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-fix-desktop-manager-error-1904-a-54700/

(need to change hxxp for http)

A couple of things with this fix:

Step 6, says that the tool will take "several minutes to run". It took well over an hour on my machine so don't exit too early thinking it's frozen.

And, there was one line of code in step 7 that I had to alter slightly but I can't remember which. Basically, when you are running the SubInACL in the DOS prompt you start typing the keys in and one wasn't recognised. I'm not 100% sure which one it was but I've highlighted the one I think I had to change.

- Navigate to the directory that the DLL files are in and register them.
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\ and hit enter.
Type regsvr32 gw.dll and hit enter
Type gwapi.dll and hit enter
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll and hit enter
Type C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll and hit enter 

I think I typed regwapi.dll instead and that workd for me.

Well I hope that this fix works for you. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
tmayer

Thanks, OratorTrainer. I'll give that a shot when I get some time and post back how I got on.
Please use plain text.