Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

dollarbillm
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Cannot connect to Device - funky behavior with Windows Installer

Symptom:  Open BB Desktop; get pop-up Windows Installer message that it cannot find BlackBerry 9330.msi file in some TEMP location.  Clicking OK or Cancel just closes and reopens that sime window.  Closing the Desktop Software does not close that window - have to manually kill all the RIM processes in Task Manager.

Attempted Resolution: Uninstalled and reinstalled all RIM software - no dice.  Then do the most complete uninstall I could - remove software from Control Manger; delete RIM directories in Program Files and Common Files;  remove all RIM registry keys; search for and remove registry keys referencing the path referenced by Windows Installer.

And then . . .  able to successfully load the Desktop software.  While it's open, there's a Windows Installer window that flashes quickly and disappears (like when holding down a key ... quick flashing).  When it disappears, I connect the Curve 9330 - Desktop Software says Connecting . . . then it dies - goes back to Disconnected, and cannot get it to connect.  I have to close and reopen the software, and the same issue repeats - Windows Installer window flashing, device tries to connect . . . and fails.

Oh -- and by the way -- everything was working perfectly until the machine blue screened a week or two ago.

I'm at my wits end with this - hesitant to pay $49 to RIM for a service call.

Please use plain text.