Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Jacek
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Cannot install BB Desktop Software v7.0 on Windows 7

700_b044_multilanguage works on my Intel workstation (2 x Xeon Quad Core) Windows 7 64-bit very fine. After 1-st sync issue.

I use to unpack WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 4.10. Installation without any problems.

The only problem is 1-st sync. They are 4 steps.

1. Count data on device
  2. Count data on *.pst file (on 1-st sync take very long time. If  *.pst 7 MB - took more than 20 min
  3. Ask how to handle
  4. sync

I use 2 different profiles to sync with Outlook 2010. Because I do not like to sync all my contacts from Outlook (about 2500), I use 2-nd profile to sync only contacts from / to my BlackBerry (about 250 - *.pst file is about 7 MB). But Calendar I do sync with my main Outlook.pst file - this file is 5.8 GB.

Sync contacts and calendar with 2-nd profile (*.pst 7 MB) took more than 20 min. But I need to sync calendar with "big" Outlook.pst. So, after choose proper files to sync and > 1 hr. wait, I stop BBD over Task Manager and restart workstation. And try to sync. This time, was no any long wait between count data on device and Outlook data, and sync was very fast and without any problem.

So fare I know, BB people know "first sync issue" and are working on this problem. Desktop Software v7.0 B44 is on this time replaced with previous version. But is still possible to find it in Internet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Gidday Jacek

Glad it worked for you, mate, but my .PST file is about 2.6 GB ... not ~7 MB ... :smileysad:

20 mins for 7 MB = around 123 HOURS for 2.6 GB ... More than 5 days!

Have you checked your calendar entries on both the device and workstation?

BB have FINALLY removed DM v.7 from their website and replaced it with DM v.6.1.B38.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jacek
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

My Outlook.pst is more than twice bigger than your, boy :smileywink: 5,8 GB. And I tell you how much it wil take. Br.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Gday again Jacek

I noticed that!

No wonder you killed the 2nd sync off!!

BR JK
Please use plain text.