Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

pjreid
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Wind

Cannot install Desktop Software since replacing hard drive / upgrading OS

My hard drive on my laptop recently started to fail and so I decided to replace it.  Since I was still running Vista and had a licence available for Windows 7 Pro 64bit available, I decided to switch up to Windows 7 at the same time.

Prior to this I was able to run the desktop software no problem and was able to sync my Torch with Outlook.

Since installing the OS and MS Office, etc I have tried a few times to install the BB Desktop Software (have tried the most recent version as well as version 6.1).  The install appears to go successfully, but when the software launches it creates a window with just the title bar and frame visible; the inside is "transparent", showing what is behind it on the desktop.  No matter how many times I've tried to close and reload the program, reboot, completely uninstall and reinstall the desktop software (both 6.1 and 7.0), I get the same result.

I'm not sure what to do at this point; I've spent enough time customizing Windows7 that I don't really want to go back to Vista and/or try to reinstall Windows 7.  Any ideas or comments?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot install Desktop Software since replacing hard drive / upgrading OS

Hi pjreid,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please verify that you are installing the BlackBerry® Desktop Software in a Windows® user account with administrative priviledges? Have you already tried disabling your anti-virus software during the installation of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.