If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Car150
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Telus

Connect issues BB 9780 with Desktop manager to sync

I have a BB 9780 which I cannot seem to sync to Desktop software.  I have unloaded all software in both laptop and Device and reloaded.  I have also contacted help desk with telco provider and also laptop helpdesk.  I CAN utilize cable to transfer files to/from blackberry to laptop but when I attempt to sync I get an error message indicating that there is not a connection.

Further, if I attempt to do a bluetooth connection, screen on blackberry clearly shows connect/disconnect taking place.

I use my BB to sync with MS Outlook for contacts and calender only.  All other function of BB (email, phone, text etc) appear to be working fine. 

I am operating WIn 7 in a Dell laptop.   HELP ?????  (Telco suggested there is something wrong with the Blackberry and I need to send it in for repair).  Also have uploaded latest drivers, chip set updates et from Dell 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Connect issues BB 9780 with Desktop manager to sync

Hi Car150,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following KB article should provide some troubleshooting steps to help you connect your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

"Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/IS8qhe

Since your computer seems to detect the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone successfully, the second section of the article would be more relevant.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.