If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

cel1999
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Connector specific error - blackberry bold 9790 - desktop software version 6.1 and outlook 2010

Hi there

I've recently upgraded my business partners' outlook from 2007 to 2010.  In doing so we've had a corrupt profile which we have had to delete and then replace with a new one.  In doing so his outlook started working again but now his blackberry isn't synching the calendar entries. 

Here's the basics:
- Bberry model - Bold 9790
- Bberry operating system - Blackberry's latest (7.1 I think)
- Blackberry desktop software 6.1 - this is intentional as we have found in the newer version of hte desktop software that we cannot map our teamsite calendar from outlook and sync the entries
- Outlook version 2010
- Calendars we are trying to sync are a personal one from a pst folder and a teamsite one from sharepoint linked to our microsoft exchange set up.

The error we are getting is a 'connector specific error'

I have worked with him to create the PTtrace.log and tif.log files.  I've gotten reams of pages; but the errors on todays date (when the problem began) have come up with error 4238, 113, and 12.  We have tried un-installing and re-installing 6.1 as well and no luck.  We have re-set the configuration setup and re-mapped folders; chosen the new outlook profile, etc and still keep getting same error.

I'm now starting to think that there is a problem with the mapi profile as a start and wonder if outlook needs to repair itself or whether we are getting the error because of a duplicate entry somewhere (though if you asked me to tell you where from the logs I couldn't identify it).

I'm litterally tearing my hair out because my poor business partner lives and dies by his blackberry.  Really want to try to get this resolved; but need some help and suggestions as I've tried most of the main causes and fixes. 

Any assistance would really be appreciated so I can put him and myself out of our misery.

Thanks in advance.

Cel

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Connector specific error - blackberry bold 9790 - desktop software version 6.1 and outlook 2010

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have this resolved, but just in case!

Thank you for the thorough report...that helps tremendously. Sadly, though, none of the errors you listed reveal anything useful when I search the public KBs...perhaps you will be more lucky

Even though it sounds like you may have done all or part of this, I encourage you to research the process in this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Your suspicion about the MAPI Profile may well be warranted, in which case this KB might be useful.

• KB02083 How to create a Microsoft Outlook MAPI profile

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.