Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contacts Sync with Windows Live Mail from Windows 7

Tommo99 wrote:

You now have me worried - I just ordered Outlook 2007 to get over the Windows Live Mail problem. The BB compatibility list says it should work. What issues are you having?

Hello -- Outlook 2007, in a Win7 environment, is completely compatible with the versions of the RIM desktop software listed in the link provided above. If you have problems, the kind volunteers here will likely have answers for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

doc0372 wrote:

The RIM desktop software does not work neither with OUTLOOK in Win 7 environment... I am still pretty dissapointed.

Hello,

Not true. Per the KB linked below, it is completely compatible through Outlook 2007. If you are having specific issues, I suggest you open a new thread so that the kind volunteers here can provide assistance.

Best.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Tommo99 wrote:

I have discovered that you cannot synchronize your BB contacts with Windows 7 / Windows Live Mail Client, even when using the latest BB DM v5.0.1. 

This is very disappointing when RIM is world leader, as is MS. So when Windows 7 was launched you would think BB and MS would have sorted this out.

Hello,

That issue is well documented in the very KB you cited. We are all hopeful that RIM and MS are working toward either a decision or, if the decision is made positively, a solution. But, we cannot know if RIM even intends to support the major change that MS made in the included Windows PIM. RIM must make decisions concerning their support for various PIMs. It is not IMHO reasonable to expect them to support all PIMs. Witness RIMs investment in supporting the Vista PIM -- a waste of money (IMO) since it was so short lived. They cannot know the potential lifespan of the Win7 PIM. So they must make decisions as to if they feel the investment will be worth it. We, here on these forums, do not know if they have decided to support that PIM -- that would require insider knowledge of proprietary information.

Tommo99 wrote:

The second major disappointment is that Vodafone UK (my service provider) took over 10 days to work out that my BB Curve cannot synchronize with Windows 7 / Windows Live Mail Client.

Disappointment with a carrier -- not the first time, I'd say...nor the last. But, the complaint is better directed, IMO, to the carrier...

Tommo99 wrote:

The third major disappointment is that the BB website has no contact page for users to ask such questions. We have to rely on these forums to get answers. The BB search function brings up dozens of irrelevant results.

Formal front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to. Fortunately, these forums are, IMHO, an excellent source of answers to nearly all questions. The kind volunteers here devote a considerable amount of their own time to providing such answers and assistance.

Tommo99 wrote:

The fourth disappointment is that the contacts synch function used to work on Vista/Windows Mail and XP/Outlook. We have gone backwards. Its not unreasonable to expect world leaders in this technology to be ahead of the game - not catching up.

As discussed above -- RIM must make business decisions as to what to support and when. This will include, quite naturally, End of Life decisions regarding various products.

Tommo99 wrote:

Here is the link to the mail client compatibility list.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12268

I have now bought Outlook 2007 to get over this - I just hope it works.

Thank you for providing that for everyone..it is a very useful link for anyone seeking to find the right combination of PIM and RIM software so as to enable the functionality they desire.

Best!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SimonHoward42
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone Deutschland

Whilst not a straight forward system you can get the balckberry to sync with the windows contacts list and then import the list in to Windows Live Mail (just tried it to see and it worked for me).

Pain in the bum compared to how outlook express used to work with these devices but it does maen that you can update things that way.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SimonHoward42
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone Deutschland

you can also export all your contacts from windows live mail to the windows contacts section as a .CSV file first so that you then use the windows contacts section as the main place for adding and amending details.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
muhammad-rehman
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: 3028440063

Please use plain text.