Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
ve2h8lae
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Curve 8310 stopped syncing w/ Outlook calendar

[ Edited ]
My BB Curve 8310 with BB Desktop 5.0 was synchronizing perfectly with my address book and calendar UNTIL it downloaded and installed the BB 4.5.0 Software and BB 4.5.0 Core Application programs today. Now, it will only synchronize the address book from Outlook. I have restarted both the computer and the phone, but this does not help. The BB desktop software synchronization set-up still shows that it is supposed to synchronize the address book and calendar. What did the 4.5.0 change? Can/should I uninstall the new 4.5.0 programs?
Message Edited by ve2h8lae on 07-23-2009 10:15 AM
Message Edited by ve2h8lae on 07-23-2009 07:25 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Curve 8310 with BB Desktop 5.0 - NEW problems BB 4.5.0 Software & Outlook

openyour BB calendar, click on menu key and options, under shte bolded CALENDARS you will see a few different items (device default, email1, email2, facebook, etc)

click on each one and check which one has all the calendar entries(skip facebook if its there)

then go back to home screen, click on options(wrench) and choose advanced options- default services

make sure CICAL is set to the one in the first step that has all the calendar entries

close DTM, go to My computer- c:\documents & settings\{username}\application data\research in motion

blackberry

delete the intellisync folder

open DTM, configure syncronization for calendar and try to sync again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve2h8lae

Thank you for your reply, drizzt09. I didn't get very far on this one. I went to the BB calendar, clicked on menu, then options, and saw only Device Default (nothing else). When I clicked on that, It only gave me calendar properties (color, display reminders, etc). I did not see anythying with calendar entries. Back at the home screen, I went to options, advanced options, default services, and the only thing I saw under there was "messaging (CMIME)". There was nothing else there. I have only ever used my BB for synchronizing the Outlook calendar and address book (computer wins over BB entries), and everything worked perfectly until I downloaded and installed the 4.5.0 software yesterday. Would that have changed these settings you refer to here? Thank you very much for your help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ve2h8lae

I uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.5 software and everything is working well again. The BB is synchronizing Outlook's address book and calendar again perfectly. The original download and install of the new 4.5 software must have been faulty.
Please use plain text.