Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
DingoBat
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

DM 610_B038 installs well but is not able to open?

Hi there,

Since, installing update 610_b038_multilanguage.exe I am unable to open the DM at all. Installation went without a glitch but opening the program becomes a problem.

Everytime when I open I get the following windows error signature -

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rim.desktop.exe P2 : 6.1.0.36 P3 : 4eb85358P4 : presentationcore P5 : 3.0.0.0 P6 : 4bb2dd02 P7 : 5015P8 : 0 P9 : system.typeinitialization

I downloaded the above file on 3 different occasions from BB site just to be sure that I had not downloaded a corrupted file. I also done a clean install like about 6x but to no avail.

I tried going back to my previous version 501_b073 and 501_b084 but both version have become rather "retarded" after the latest 610_b038 installation. What happens when I try opening 501 after a clean install - the DM is unable to recognize my phone/pin and windows keeps flashing intermittently, "preparing to install" message and nothing ever installs.

I am on Windows XP Pro (SP3).

I just don't know why DM is getting so difficult to install these days. It just wasn't like that before. I would really and REALLY appreciate any and all advice that you could give me to help kick life into this or any DM for that matter.. Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.