Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
BluBear
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

DM 7 cannot handle Outlook "All Day" events in calendar

[ Edited ]

Used to work flawlessly in DM6. DM was set to one-way synch from Outlook to device. A single or recurring event that is designated as "All Day" or "1 Day" in Outlook shows up on the start day AND the following day in the 9780 Calendar application. The events are designated with a start time of 00:00 and an end time of 00:00. When one of these events is opened in the device calendar, it shows as having a duration of "2 Days". DM6 had no problems with "All Day" events. I completely wiped all calendars from the device and forced repopulation of my calendar entries with my Outlook entries. No change. Modifying the "All Day" events in Outlook to, for example, having a duration of 23:30h clears up the double-day entries in the device, but is obviously not a solution to the bug. Essentially, my device calendar is one big, ugly mess right now. Please make DM6 available until this is fixed. Thanks for making my calendar an incomprehensible mess.

--------------------------
*** Like, really? ***
--------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eds817
My Device: Bold 9900 / PlayBook 64gb
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: DM 7 cannot handle Outlook "All Day" events in calendar

I had the same problem and thought it was fixed after spending a lot of time last night going through all my appointments on my 9900 and fixing them. Then this morning I did a 1-way sync with my PC and after updating all my categories in Outlook I did a 2-way sync just to have the same thing all over again. 

I resolved the problem by replacing DM7 with DM6.1

I just can't see how after 6 months this can happen. It's not like syncing calendar appointments is something only a handful of people do.

Looks like RIM's new CEO has his work cutout for him.

New York Yankees
It's Hard To Be Humble
Please use plain text.