Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
rxyz
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: at&t

DM Not Backing Up My Data

I have a Torch 9800.  Recently I get this error whenever I back up my phone in DM "All data was not backed up".  It tells me only 30 of my 42 MMS messages are in the backup.

What's going on?

How do I backup the missing messages?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: DM Not Backing Up My Data

Hey rxyz,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

It sounds like your MMS database could be corrupt, I would suggest creating a selective backup without MMS Messages and then see if the backup goes through successfully.

Go into Device>Backup>Custom in BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rxyz

I just tried that. It starts to back it up, then I get this error "There was an error backing up. There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the backup. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rxyz

Could someone from Blackberry actually reply to my post and provide some actual support!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Perhaps you did not notice?

Capture.JPG

That type of user information means you've already been the very lucky recipient of support from an actual BlackBerry person.

But, do please also keep something else in mind...you were lucky...this site is not intended as any part of your formal support, and has no SLAs involved for response times. Indeed, BlackBerry folks only occasionally post here (again, you were one of the lucky few)...the other user volunteers generally try and help first. But, if you read the Ts and Cs of this site, you'll be reminded that this site is not intended as a formal support channel from BlackBerry, but as a user-to-user support channel.

Formal support requires you to contact your carrier and, if necessary, be escalated up to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rxyz

I've been a Blackberry customer for 5 years.  I won't be for much longer.  Perhaps someone could take a look at this very thread to see why RIM is in the toilet and desperate to stay afloat.  Making a faulty product and not bothering to offer support for it.  Make the customer feel like they're a spoiled brat when they receive support, then fail to follow through and actually solve the problem.  If someone from Blackberry actually cares about their customers and wants to keep me, then please get in touch or reply and help me through.  Otherwise my contract is coming up and it will be time to go shopping for a new phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK then...so at the risk of further irritating you, I offer you this:

• KB33275 "There was an error backing up. There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the backup. Verify that the device is turned on and connected"

That's no very useful I see, so I can also suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

You also have full access to those public KB articles to search for any that might be useful to your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.