Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
gmayer
My Device: Curve 8330

Desktop Auto Sync

I have the destop software installed for my BB curve and have the auto sync box checked.  It seems I have to manually press the sync button in order to sync the device when it is connected to my computer.  And when I do manually sync, it goes through every item and takes a few minutes.  As I add an item to my desktop, like a calendar event, shouldn't I see that item automatically on my device?  Any help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desktop Auto Sync

If the bottom auto-sync option is enabled, are the top two checkboxes also selected (Reconcile Messages, and Synchronize organizer data)?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmayer

Thanks for the reply.  Yes... all 4 boxes on top are checked as well as the auto sync box on the bottom. 
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Oh. I think I understand now. That auto-sync setting applies when you connect the BlackBerry to your computer, it doesn't continuously synchronize. You can setup the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector (under Start | Programs | BlackBerry) to continuously redirect emails to the BlackBerry while it's open (it can be mimizied and hidden also). 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmayer

But it's not automatically syncing when the BB is connected to the computer.  I add an appointment on the computer and it does not automatically get added to the BB device, unless I hit the sync button.  And then it goes through every record, but does eventually get both the device and the computer synced.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. I've have this work before in synchronizing seems to be acting up:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11703&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmayer

Thanks... Tried it, but it didn't work.  I still have to manually sync and it takes 2-3 minutes because it goes through every record in the address book, calendar, tasks and notes.  I just thought that when the device is connected to the computer, as you add an item to the computer, it is added automatically to the device and vise versa.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

That auto-sync is only for each time it's connected to the computer. It doesn't continuously sync. The only continous sync is if you have it setup through a blackberry server or setup through a BIS account
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmayer

Thanks... So, I guess what you are saying is that I should sync first thing in the morning and before I leave at night, in order to capture any changes made overnight and during the day.  I guess that's ok, since my main concern is any calendar updates.  Thanks again for your help.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Is your outlook setup to recive company email or personal email?
Please use plain text.