09-27-2009 01:46 PM
I recently installed Desktop Manager version 5 and when i try to synchronize with my Blackberry I get the following message; 'unknown error reported' in the Intellisync dialogue box.
I agree with the above suggestion...Isuggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install DTM to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Start the organizer configuration over:
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Additionally, there is a KB for that error message, but it relates to receiving the error when configuring the synch...not performing the sync, so I'm not sure if it applies to your situation...but just in case:
Good luck and let us know!