Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
MidKnight
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&t
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager 6.0 wont sync Tasks or Memos; Getting "Connector Specific Error" message

Just bought the Torch 9800 and had the store transfer all info from my Bold 9000

Installed the latest DM software (v6.0.0.141)  on my brand NEW computer and I set ALL organizer functions (CALENDAR,MEMO, ADDRESS BOOK & TASKS)  to sync with Microsoft Outlook, but  every time I sync I’m only able to update the CALENDAR and ADDRESS BOOK  info.   DM completely ignores the TASKS  and MEMO info which remain empty in Outlook, (....and I’ve confirmed that they ARE set to work with Outlook)

I don’t know if this means anything but halfway through the sync process an “Intellisync”  dialog box always pops up that says “Connector specific error” and I have to press the OK button before it finishes up the process.

Don’t think the problem lies with my new computer.  The USB cable I’m using is OEM from Blackberry.  I’ve got 30 days  to figure out whether this is a Blackberry 9800 hardware problem, Blackberry OS6 or DM software problem, Blackberry USB cable  problem or a Microsoft Problem

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 wont sync Tasks or Memos; Getting "Connector Specific Error" message

Hi MidKnight,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Try syncing Tasks alone then Memopad alone to verify both are receiving the same Intellisync error message. You can follow the instructions in the following KB article to enable advanced logging and sync each database alone to obtain logs for it. Then check the last entry in the tif.log file for the entry the sync is stopping on. http://bbry.lv/b2VoqG This entry should then be deleted from the device and the sync tried again. You may need to repeat this process a few times.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
laynee
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 wont sync Tasks or Memos; Getting "Connector Specific Error" message

I have a 9700 bold and just downloaded Desktop Manager 6.0 and I LOST my memo's and tasks!!! I was using them both and they have completely disappeared from my blackberry. The problem is not with your new phone, it's with the software:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MidKnight
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&t

My problem has been resolved – but I had accidentally stumbled on the solution before reading the posted updates'

Turns out it was my “TASKS” function that had been causing the error message.  Every time I tried to sync, DM6 would successfully update all of my “CALENDER”  items – but then it would tally up the number of “TASKS” it was about to update – and that’s when the message “Connector Specific Error” would pop up.

Apparently the message “Connector Specific Error” suggests that not all of the defined fields in your Blackberry device are matching up exactly with the defined fields in Outlook – or vice versa depending on where you originally created the information you’re trying to sync.  (That’s a very misleading error message – it almost sounds like the USB cable was loose or something like that:smileywink:)

Anyhow, I went back and deleted about 50% of my lowest priority tasks and memos – and EUREKA - everything syncs perfectly now.  Unfortunately I have no idea which specific entry (…or entries) caused this error message – but at least now I have a better idea of the nature of the problem.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
leib123
My Device: torch 9800

Hi Frankie

how can I figure out exactly where to find the entry's in the device - after I see them in the tiflog, so I should be able to delete them. The entry's which the tiflog show mw, are something like the following "Error 11.11 at .\sdk_data.cpp line 799" what is this? and where do I delete it?

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Have you determined that the sync is stopping on an entry in the device and not an entry in Outlook? If you are receiving the error syncing Tasks, make sure you are syncing only Tasks to obtain logs.

If you check the last entry at the bottom of the tif.log it should give you the last Tasks entry the sync tried to process. Then locate that entry on the device and remove it.

-FS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Adriansoon
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: M1

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issues for my calendar. I have found the iloptcfg.cfg and changed the MultiJobTraceLog value to 200 and TifLog value to 100. Synced the desktop manager - calender only and still getting the "Connector Specific Error". I am using Windows 7 and using the BB9900 with software version 7.0.

Please help as this is frustrating the hell out of me.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi Adriansoon,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Changing the settings in iloptcfg.cfg will not resolve the sync issue directly. This will generate log files which will allow you to locate the entry (s) that are causing the issue. If you check the last entry at the bottom of the tif.log it should give you the last calendar entry the sync tried to process. Then locate that entry on the device and in Outlook and remove it. Then sync again. You may need to try this a few times. If necessary, you can re-create the entry (s) you removed and sync again.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Please use plain text.