Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
slam5
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager 7 VERY SLOW sync

Hi, I have a Bold 9700.  I was using desktop manager 6 until 2 days ago when I upgraded to 7.  Now, it is syncing VERY SLOW.  It took 1/2 hr or more to sync some 800 contacts and 200-300 events.  It used to take 1 minute to sync.  I tried it USB or Bluetooth so the connection is not the problem.  I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  Get I just take out version 7 and just plug in version 6?  Help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
softec
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Manager 7 VERY SLOW sync

Is there no answer to this yet?  Come on RIM, now is not the time to kill the phones!  We are trying to be loyal customers here.  (I have 2 playbooks too.)  :smileyhappy: 

I have the same problem and I rely on this phone and my Outlook.  A hslf hour to sync is just scary.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hoyts_International
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I Found a solution

BTW, I have 1500 contacts, ~200 events & ~ 400 notes. USB sync works in ~ 1 minute 

After the Uddate caused the final step to hang during the Organiser Sync "Preparing sync preview" , I Removed Desktop manager using add/remove programs & rebooted my PC

Then I downloaded the install file from Blackberry's web site, then I configured the sync to replace data on the handheld = "One Way to your device only"(outlook is my primary source for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & memos & that data is complete)

1 way sync worked well.

Then I changed the data sync settings back to Two way between your device and your computer.

It has worked very well ever since

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Adns
My Carrier: AIS

[ Edited ]

I closed Desktop Manager v7 after it attempted to sync for more than 20 minutes the first time. Tried again later with your method but sync was still ongoing after more than 10 minutes.

I am not a beta tester and as far as I am concerned, this v7 simply doesn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled v6.

Please use plain text.
shu_mai
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have the same problem, 'preparing sync preview' has been going on for over 30 minutes now and I can hear my CPU (Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit) churning like crazy as if it's about to explode. 

I agree with above post... we're NOT BETA TESTERS.  Why can't RIM show that it can execute flawlessly on a simple software upgrade?  This is absolutely ri di cu lous.

And while I'm on a rant, is it just me, or why is it that RIM's sync options don't allow me to choose the LATEST entry in my calendar, address book, task list, etc. be used to resolve conflicts when syncing?  In other words, why should I need to decide whether the handset wins or my desktop Outlook wins, when really, the conflict should be resolved by the most recent record, regardless of whether is reside on my BB or my PC????

Please use plain text.
asadakhtar
My Carrier: qtel

I HAVE SAME ISSUE. TRYING TO SYNC OVER 1500 CONTACTS FROM OUTLOOK. IT TOOK 6 HOURS TO SYNC AROUND 300 CONTACTS AND THEN I GAVE UP AND CANCELED THE PROCESS.... 

PLS IF SOME ONE CAN PROVIDE SOLUTION TO THIS THREAD.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jtpca
My Carrier: Telus

Any other solutions - this has just hit me after updating my DTM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bsalloum
My Carrier: Bell

I'm also having this problem with v7.1 but it's intermittent. It works fine most of the time, but the past couple of days it's excruciatingly slow, especially my Contacts which take approx 1 minute each. It doesn't seem to matter if I use 1-way or 2-way sync. It's just painful.

Because it's inconsistent, it's difficult to troubleshoot.

Any help out there?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slam5

This is a VERY old thread.  A newer version of desktop manager fixed the problem for me.  You still have the problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slam5

Look at the Hoyts_international a few message back. I think that fixed my problem. Hope this help!
Please use plain text.