Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

ptiwari
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager - Reconcile Messages Grayed out....

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem. I have wiped-out my handset thrice and install the Desktop Manager Software multiple times but it did not work. I also tried to call customer care but still looking for some solution. If anyone get breakthrough, please let me know. Regards,PT.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
houstond

I have the same problem and my T-Mobile Support rep tells me that function is only for people using a BEZ server. Is this true? Seems that if you could reconcile the outlook contacts, task and such you would be able to sync the messages. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
houstond

I just spoke with RIM tech support and confirmed that when using a POP e-mail account reconciliation is not possible.
Please use plain text.
blutzski

I am having the same problem.

I use MS Outlook 2003 for my email. I have a comcast (POP3) email account. My phone is a BB Curve. I am set up with Blackberry Internet Service.

The reconciled messages option is grayed out and I can't reconcile emails between my BB and Outlook when my BB is attached to my laptop via the USB cable. I understand that this is not possible via wireless.

It seems odd that that can't be done when the calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos all synch flawlessly. Outlook, Comcast and BB must be a fairly common combination.  

Please use plain text.
dmvori

I have the same problem (reconcile messages box grayed out) and also have not been able to get resolution from my provider (AT&T) and have seen nothing on this site to help yet. 

Has anyone found a solution that works?????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DonS
My Device: 8830 World Phone

Hope BB Tech Support is reading these posts as this one has everyone stumped.

I am using a 8830 and my email inbox and sub folders (Outlook 2003) sync fine with my laptop.  My partner has a 8703e ..... we use Telus as a server and Desktop Manager 4.3 ….tried version 4.2 to ensure there were no conflicts with the newer version and version 4.2 on the BB.  The 8703 does not have an inbox at all.  Telus does not know what to do and suggested I post on the forum as forum users may be able to provide a solution Telus can not.  Any ideas?????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grighter

Yes--same problem here with my pearl. Tried Desktop manager version 4.3 and 4.5. Outlook 2007. Everything syncs except the reconciliation box is gray.  I've already replied to 3 different threads for this same issue. Am really surprised no one from RIM has jumped on these threads yet--or if they have, there is no solution yet.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grighter

Do you know if this is true even if the popmail account is web accessible? I am using the BB internet mail service, and receiving emails fine when I have outlook closed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DonS
My Device: 8830 World Phone

Well finally got an answer from Telus.  It seems "Blackberry Internet Service" does not support reconciliation with emails.  One needs to be using the "Enterprise Service".  According to Telus BB does not have any plans to provide email reconciliation with the Internet Service.  Enterprise Service requires a Server which not many home users have.  Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
snooch

OK boys and girls, I'm having the same problem. Spoke with both Verizon and Blackberry. I got cut off by Blackberry in mid call (what a surprise). They weren't any help anyway. Verizon confirmed that some ISP providers (i.e., most) do not allow wireless email synch unless you are going through the Blackberry Enterprise Server. So, for those of you having this problem with your personal email account, boo hoo.

As far as synching via USB cable, I've had no luck at all. I've removed and downloaded my desktop manager (v 4.3) several times as you all have. I have two suggestions which I have not tried yet:

1. Verizon suggested that the desktop and device software may be incompatible ( I am running desktop 4.3 which came with the phone, and device 4.5 which was on the phone). I am going to try to download desktop 4.5 and see if that works. Caution, if you want to download desktop 4.7, be aware that you need to have Vista to run all of the functions. I couldn't even get a good download and install, which was I suspect because I do not have, nor do I want, Vista.

2. I found an knowledge base article Doc ID: KB04132 which details how to connect your device and computer via bluetooth. The article purports that you can synch email via bluetooth. I have not tried that yet either. If you do, be aware that you have to have bluetooth functionality on your computer and activate the bluetooth on your device to proceed. There are a few other caveats listed in the article that you should read closely before you try it.

I'll report back when I've tried these two things. It seems illogical to me that I could synch via bluetooth with the software I have but not do so with the USB cable, so I don't have high hopes.

If all else fails, I'll return the thing and go back to Palm since I have 30 days to return it to Verizon. Clearly if this function is unavailable Blackberry and Verizon are guilty of misrepresenting the capabilities of the Blackberry Curve, albeit by omission, by not clearly indicating that use of the Enterprise Server is required for email synch! Who the hell wants the **bleep** thing if you have to keep switching back and forth between your device and your computer to keep things up to date!

Please use plain text.