Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
atom_1971
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Desktop Manager and MS Office 2013 (RTM)

Actually using Windows 8 Pro (x64) and MS OFFICE 2013 Pro Plus (x64) RTM.

After several months of preview, seems to me not acceptable that RIM has not yet properly updated their DM.

Any chance to have desktop manager syncing?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager and MS Office 2013 (RTM)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Regardless of what is judged (by others) to be "acceptable", this KB remains authoritative to your query:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

I'm sure that RIM is in the process of working toward support for OL2013, but there never is any "forward looking" release of information from them as to when (or even, for that matter, if) that may happen. Your best bet is to keep watch over press releases, that KB, and these forums for information when/if it does happen.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
atom_1971

Thanks for the "non reply": replies like these are considered useless.

As a "customer" I have the right to judge: it is my judgment. Who else should judge? RIM by itself?

NO COMMENT

Then.. for what you say RIM (?) has the habit not to have any "forward looking" release of information.. as to when (or even, for that matter, if)...

(?.. just a note: do you write on behalf of RIM?)

I'm a proud RIM supporter, but as a RIM customer too many times I felt and I'm feeling disappointed by unrespected promises.

I would say that most of the times they did forward looking releases of info, these have been non respected.

As a customer, we need to have replies, when to expect a solution (clear and respected timelines), unless RIM will have millions of ex-customers.

Just for your info both Apple and Android are already supporting Win8 and Office 2013: Am I asking something strange or even not to be judged to RIM?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

On the contrary! You have every right to judge...I do not dispute that. However, a judgement does not alter the facts of the situation. If I judge something to be not acceptable to me, that judgement does nothing to change whatever it was that I deemed unacceptable.

So, especially here on this site, I stick with facts as I know them to exist. And, right wrong or indifferent, those are as I stated above. As you so aptly point out, RIM has made promises in the past and then broken them...and taken considerable heat from the public for doing so. Such things are learning experiences for them...and I'd guess that they learned to not make so many promises and potentially set themselves up for a repeat performance. Not pleasant for anyone.

So, you want a clear solution, one that tells you when ("forward looking") you can expect Win8/OL2013 support...no one here on this site can give you what you want. Indeed, such is beyond the Ts and Cs of this site -- even if someone had such information, it would be considered proprietary and not for public release, and they would be specifically enjoined from releasing it.

RIM sponsors this site, and all who participate here must conform to the rules that are laid out...and that precludes providing the answer that you seek. I do not "write on behalf of RIM"...all that I write is purely on my own behalf, but gleaned from countless hours of participation here and in other venues, but I as well must adhere to the rules of this site...otherwise, I'd be banned.

So, even though my "non reply" is, in your judgement, "useless", I nevertheless stick by it. For, given all that there is, it is all that there is to say on the matter.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
atom_1971

The fact that RIM now (due to  past experiences) avoids making statements/programs, it's silly: they should continue to issue statements, but respecting the promises. But this is another story.

I remain (for a short time) waiting for the solution, unless I will have to say goodbye to RIM.

Please use plain text.
fredtkd77
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had BBs for the past 10 years or so but this type of issue has made me reach my limit.

RIM knows when MS will release its new versions of OL and does nothing to stay on top of its own game.

Now, even though I purchased MS Office 2013, I will have to go back to the 2010 version until RIM decides to resolve the incompatibliity issues with the 2013 version simply bc it's vital for me and for my work.

Guess what?

In July, when I receive my allowance for a new laptop, I'll buy a MacBook Pro and in August - when my cell phone plan ends - I'm getting an iPhone. Then, there will be no more issues...

RIM = Rest In Misery.  I'm done with this company.

Please use plain text.
lucho1970
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

So it Office 2013 has been in RTM since November 2012, 8 months. This is how long I have been unable to sync my blackberry device.

I also had a beta version of Office 2013 running for about 4 months before that. I'm sure Blackberry also had access to that same code.

Is this really supposed to be acceptable? In that time I have also started using a Windows Phone device. Which sync through the cloud. My wife is set on her Blackberry. But we cannot keep our calendars in sync now.

When is this going to change?

Has Blackberry really given up?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

lucho1970 wrote:

Is this really supposed to be acceptable?

"Acceptable" is a judgement, which can only be made by each individual alone.

lucho1970 wrote:

When is this going to change?

Unfortunately, here in this user-to-user community, no one can know the answer to that question. And, even if they knew, they would likely be barred from revealing it...proprietary information, forward looking statements, and other such things are barred by the Ts and Cs of this site.

lucho1970 wrote:

Has Blackberry really given up?

I don't think so...but that is my judgement. Others may reach a different result. Do I wish that BB would come out with an update to support current PIM products? Yes. Can I change that here, on this user-to-user community? Nope.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.