Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
heavypen
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager crashes during outlook calendar sync

You are being generous... ATT service is absolutely the worst. Good luck on your new purchase... repost later with progress/results.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
r_i_m_sucks

Why are people surprised that RIM is useless and probably does not have the competence to fix this?    You're suppose to sit back accept their sub-standard product and not complain.   

Speaking of that, I heard a rumor that Microsoft was going to buy RIM.   Mainly because they like their style. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vitaver

The solution by Verizon BB support, which worked, was to remove the battery for one minute.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
heavypen

[ Edited ]

r_i_m_sucks wrote:

Why are people surprised that RIM is useless and probably does not have the competence to fix this?    You're suppose to sit back accept their sub-standard product and not complain.   

Speaking of that, I heard a rumor that Microsoft was going to buy RIM.   Mainly because they like their style. 

lol... needed that laugh... thanks. Incidentally, that rumor has been floating around since 2007.

Message Edited by heavypen on 04-28-2009 11:17 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jandrewmiller
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

Thanks for this one. Wasted 3 hours following BB instructions - all useless! This fixed it.

Has BB got no idea at all about customer service?  Most features on DM don't work correctly - and slow? Compared with Nokia its a bit pathetic.

Please use plain text.
dennysdawgs
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks for the great tips when getting the message "Connector specific error" - however, I have a Blackberry Curve.  When I open the desktop manager on my PC, it does not give an option to Back UP/Restore ande then go to Advanced.  It only gives the option to Back Up OR Restore... and Advanced is not on either of these options that I can find... Can you help?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

dennysdawgs wrote:

Thanks for the great tips when getting the message "Connector specific error" - however, I have a Blackberry Curve.  When I open the desktop manager on my PC, it does not give an option to Back UP/Restore ande then go to Advanced.  It only gives the option to Back Up OR Restore... and Advanced is not on either of these options that I can find... Can you help?

hello dennysdawgs,

can you take a screenshot of the application window, and insert it as attachment using the right pane when you type a message here ?

thanks in advance.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gailzer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

that fix didn't work for me.  Anymore suggestions?  It's still hanging while synching the calendar.

Please use plain text.