08-01-2008 11:46 AM
Only today has this started happening - BB8320 syncs fine up to the point of the calendar sync (outlook 2003) I get this error message
AppName: desktopmgr.exe AppVer: 184.108.40.206 ModName: ilxolk.fil
ModVer: 220.127.116.11 Offset: 00060c03
have tried re-boot (laptop and phone), have changed sync settings, but always crashes at same point - record 23 of 35 records. Does anyone have any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-01-2008 12:51 PM
10-16-2008 04:30 AM - edited 10-16-2008 04:31 AM
This seems to be a very common problem that seems to affect many people and I don't understand why RIM would not release a fixed version of the Desktop Software?
There are at least 3 work-arounds (NOT solutions) that I've tried:
These all have worked for me, but dealing with it is extremely annoying due to the frequency of the crashes and the fact that everytime this crash occurs my berry is stuck in sync mode.
Sorry if I'm not helping, but the fact that RIM has not fixed such a common issue is extremely dissapointing. I use my blackberry for personal purposes, but the majority of BB users are business users who don't have the time to deal with this.
RIM needs to pull it together on this one ... really!
12-17-2008 09:03 PM
I totally agree. I'm having to go through the diabolical restore process at least once a week because of the various calendar entries I wind up with. Yes, I should have fewer meetings. But RIM should be able to accept any record that is in Outlook. This problem in and of itself may cause me to return the Storm I got and go for an iPhone.
RIM please get this fixed soon.
12-19-2008 06:30 PM
Just went through this problem and was lead to a quicker (and I believe) better solution via RIM support.
Go to this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\*yourprofilename*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
DELETE folder "Intellisync"
Open DESKTOP MANAGER
Click CONFIGURATION tab
Click "Configure Synch..."
Make your selections (applications to synch)
Click SYNCHRONIZE NOW button
Vola - you're synched!
Above assumes that your CRACKberry is connected.
Also, you may want to clear the cache before this procedure - that's what I did, at any rate.
01-28-2009 02:53 PM
I've had this problem since my first blackberry 8700..
its ALWAYS because of a calendar/task item that contains some type of HTML - email addresses, web addresses, hyperlinks (anything at all)..
and also without exception - any attachment.
I dont know if anyone from rim reads this but you'd think that the big brains could develop a patch for this most basic of usability issues.
i've actually released a tech bulletin where i work about this very issue -
it blows me away that given the competition out there with other similar devices, such a basic funcationality patch can be repeatedly overlooked..
02-01-2009 02:01 AM