Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
JLFitzpatrick
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

Desktop Manager now shows Calendar "Not Available" in Sync Organizer !?!

BB 8830 running ver 4.5.0

IBM T61P Thinkpad, Windows XP SP3

Desktop Manager 7.1.0.32

Outlook 2003

Have been Syncing this device with this Laptop to my Outlook Account for years. Now I realize the Calendar WILL NOT Sync because it shows it is NOT AVAILABLE (?) When I've searched the web for this term it doesn't even come up, instead refers to Calendar being 'Not Installed'. Well there is an active Calendar on the device and in Outlook, and they no longer will sync without any explanation as to why.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager this morning (same version) but still have the same problem. 'Reset Settings' option does nothing to correct this recent unexplained problem.  Trying "Learn more about synchronizing organizer data" options provides no help.

I assume I updated Desktop Manager this Summer since this release is dated July 2012, but I really don't recall and only recently realized the Calendar alone will not Sync. Without this function the Device is useless to me. Device shows its own Default Calendar, and two other Calendars for two e-mail accounts I use. Have checked as suggested elsewhere and Wireless Sync option is "No".

Have also read somewhere the Device could be 'Wiped Clean' to correct a 'Not Installed' Calendar (nothing referring to 'Not Available'), but C'mon, there has to be an easier way. I run a business on this Device and in Outlook, I don't have hours to wipe the device and start over. What's causing this? HELP!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pefd39
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop Manager now shows Calendar "Not Available" in Sync Organizer !?!

I am having the exact same problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcmillercfp
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Here's something bizarre. I have also been syncing contacts, calendars and tasks for a long time with my Storm. After downloading the Desktop 7.0 I also saw the Calendar as not available. I don't particularly remember seeing Memo as an option but I also selected it this time around as I was going through the old reload the os, restore, etc. Anyway I did a test adding an appointment to my Outlook calendar then ran the sync for contacts, tasks and memos and amazingly it shows on my Storm's calendar. Not sure how comfortable I am in depending on this but you might try and place an appointment on Outlook's calendar, run the sync and see if it shows up on your cell's calendar. Strange but it is working for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JLFitzpatrick
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: Sprint

While I was never able to get an answer on this and other forums, last week in the middle of a backup / sync a message came up to update the BB Desktop application to ver 7.1.0.33. So after the sync was done (hey RIM, would have been nice to have the update message appear before backup / sync), I plugged the BB back in and did another sync. Looking for differences in the application I opened the Organizer tab and voila! Calendar once again had the box available to check for synchronizing with Outlook. So it turns out the problem was software all along. Sure glad I didn't wipe the BB clean and start over, that would have been a complete waste of time.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pefd39
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

I finally broke down and backed up the phone, reinstalled, and restored phone settings and re-registering the phone.  that has corrected the problem.

Please use plain text.