Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

dautery
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Desktop Manager with Windows XP Professional x64

I am new to the forum and also to Windows XP Professional x64 edition.  I have reinstalled my Desktop Manager (downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Software v5.0 and v5.0.1 from the Blackberry website) and everything appears to have worked correctly.  However, when I run the program, it never initializes.  Has anyone had any experience getting the software to run in this edition of Windows?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager with Windows XP Professional x64

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you expand on the symptoms, please? "Never initializes" is too vague to understand -- if you can describe exactly what you see on screen, that would help quite a bit.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Fabian01
My Carrier: MTN

Good day guys

Yes i'm experiencing the same problem. Why is this so? Is it because some blackberrys are only compatible in windows versions later than XP like windows 2000?

I've just received my blackberry 8900 and is quite new to this type of phones, already i'm experiencing problems. I received the desktop software (Blackberry user tools CD) with the package and in the manuals it is states the requirements for installation as follow, (1) Intel compatible 486 or higher computer that is compliant with USB 1.1 or later.( I'm using a Mecer laptop with a lable on it saying "INTEL CELERON INSIDE") (2) Microsoft Windows 2000 or later (I'm using windows XP), (3) Blackberry user tool (assuming its the cd included in the BB package), (4) available USB port (I have). The problem is, whenever I insert the CD it opens, a blank dull window than appears with a loading bar in it saying initializing..... I than opened the cd port manually and selected the 1 of 3 folders where all the setups of the various systems is. I clicked on start (Blackberry icon for installation. It installed and even created a icon on the desktop. I double clicked on the blackberry desktop manager icon, opens the blackberry window with only heading like main menu but with no sub headings. I can't click on anything in the window and after a minute it appears blank. I need help, really, I'm desperate. I'm using this phone for private and business purposes and would lose a lot of contacts if this problem is not solved quickly enough. I cannot even bluetooth or access the internet using WIFI. I tried everything, even reset it and started over.

Can this model (BB 8900) only access the internet using WIFI? Or can I access the internet via 3G or GPRS? Please reply ASAP!! It would mean a lot to me. Can you please reply to me email address (fabian.abrahams@gmail.com) also. 

A soon to be loyal customer for as long as BB exist and I'm alive.

Regards

Fabian Abrahams

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Carrier: AT&T

You are confusing several separate issues.

First, the model of phone doesn't have anything to do with the Windows version. The version of Desktop Manager has to do with WIndows, and also with the BlackBerry device.

So, you have a BB 8900, and Windows XP. Which version of DTM did you try to install? Does EVERYTHING else on the machine work correctly, or are you having some other issues? To me it sounds like there is something wrong with the Windows installation (now). We all know how stable Windows is (cough).

Please use plain text.