Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
faispe
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager

Running windows 7 with a blackberry 9300. Receiving error message "Blackberry Desktop software has stopped working" I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Any suggestions as to the probable cause and a possible solution?

Please use plain text.
mertzd
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: 7577224348

Re: Desktop Manager

I've been having the same issue with my Bold 9930 linked to my Vista laptop.  It had run great since I bought the 9930, then failed immediately after upgrading the OS on the 9930.  I deleted / reloaded the OS this morning.  I still get the same Windows message AND the BB Desktop Manager has now disappeared.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
KYMP0R
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm having the same problem with my Bold 9650.  Got a message that an update to my current Desktop Manager(version 6.1) was available.  Downloaded version 7.0 and received a message that it installed successfully but when I went to open the program got the error message.  Tried to repair the installation but got the same message.  Uninstalled version 7 and downloaded Version 6.1 but still get the same message.  Frustrating.

Please use plain text.
firecapte10
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Same here. Tried changing "reporting" options, tried reloading earlier versions, and several other reicks with no luck. Guess I am now waiting for RIM/BB to put out an updated DM 7 that actually works!

Please use plain text.