Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
sgrosskopf
My Device: 8310
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software - 8310 - True Newbie Question - Contact sync

I have done some research but I am having trouble finding the contact management software for my desktop.  I am a first time BB user. I had a palm some years ago and I could alter my contact information on my desktop and then sync my palm unit.  Is it possible to do that with BB?

This is for Personal use so I don't have BES.  I downloaded the Desktop Manager but I have no applications to sync.  I had all my contacts from my last phone imported into the BB and would like to alter the information.  I was hoping I could do that at my desktop and sync with the BB instead of doing it all on my BB keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Desktop Software - 8310 - True Newbie Question - Contact sync

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not like the Palm software in that you don't edit information directly in the Desktop Manager software. You will need to have an organizer like Microsoft Outlook where you edit your contacts, then you can use the Desktop Manager's Synchronize module to synchronize the information from Outlook to the BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaunsteig
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Software - 8310 - True Newbie Question - Contact sync

Ok.  I believe that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager can import data (contacts, calendar, notes, etc) from a Palm device or Palm Desktop software into my BlackBerry unit, per

And I realize that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager doesn't include an actual PIM program, per this posting.  But what's not clear to me is whether, after the initial import, can I continue to use the Palm Desktop software on my PC, and sync that with my Blackberry device?  If so, how?  I'd like to avoid using Outlook at all costs.

In other words, I currently use the Palm Desktop software on my computer, which I sync to a Palm Treo 650.  I am strongly interested in replacing the smartphone with a BlackBerry device (either Bold or Storm), but wish to continue to use the Palm Desktop software on my home computer.  Is this feasible?

Please use plain text.