Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Ausrob
My Device: torch 9680 + playbook
My Carrier: telstra
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software - HELP!!! It won't sync anymore

After updating the Desktop software about a month ago i am no longer able to sync organizer data. it worked fantastically well before that but i can't seem to find a link or download site for the earlier version of the software. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the new software with no success. I have reset the settings a number of times but with no success. I connect the phone (torch 9860) to the computer and open the software. I have it set on automatic sync and sync the dialogue box comes up for a split second and then disappears. At this point there has been no sync. I then click on the 'sync' button at the bottom right of the screen and the sync dialogue box comes up.

The pictures & video will sync but not the data. I have left it like this for hours but nothing happens. The only way i can close this is to CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it via the task manager.

Am i doing something wrong??? Can anyone help???? This is bugging the hell out of me as it worked perfectly before. Is this the right place to pose this question as i am having no luck elsewhere.

Cheers!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Desktop Software - HELP!!! It won't sync anymore

Hello Rob,

Welcome to the Community

You can download the earlier versions of the Desktop Software thru the link below. Just scroll down below for the earlier versions.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp

To update your Mediasync:

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/mediasync.jsp

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ausrob
My Device: torch 9680 + playbook
My Carrier: telstra

Ron you are an absolute LEGEND!!!

Removed version 7.0 and installed version 6.1 and everything is back to normal. I promise to NEVER download software updates again!!

Thanks so much for making my life a happier place!!  :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Good job Mate!

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paul435smith
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers canada

Hi Ron,

Maybe you can help me too?  I have a playbook and when I turned it on yesterday, there was a version 7 blackberry desktop software to install which I did.  Every since then I cannot access my playbook from the pc.

I've tried installing an older version of the software but always come to a point where it states it could not open key:

UNKNOWN\Components\DA42BC8........Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

So now when I open my computer with the playbook attached to the pc, I only have access to 52.8mb.

I cannot uninstall the blackberry desktop software either!  Each time I try to uninstall, it comes up with the problem: could not open key.

What can I do?

Thanks so much,

Paul

Please use plain text.