Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Desktop Software will not synchronize

I assumed that when RIM tried this a few months back and it failed that when they released the new Desktop again they had it worked out.  I backed up my device, installed the update and then went to synchronize - nothing happens!  Just sits on screen saying "Synchronizing ... Do not disconnect".  Ok, then did full uninstall and reinstall of Desktop and Device software.  Restarted PC, connected Blackberry and only chose to synch Contacts with Outlook using default options.  IT WORKED!  Success!  I then went into advanced settings for Contacts to set my PIN to synch to User Defined Field 1 (just like it used to do).  Started Synch again and back to sitting and waiting.  Nothing happening.

What do I do now?  Been a RIM guy for years, have owned probably 30 different RIM devices, this likely will be my last as they just don't work all the time the way they always used to.  I've also run the PC tech support group for my company for past 25 years so know my away around PCs and software.  If I can't get this to work I guarantee I won't be rolling this out to our 100+ users.

msr
Please use plain text.
Contributor
janhagen
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: KPN

Re: Desktop Software will not synchronize

Back to the old version 6. I had also sync problems. After spending (loosing) hours I removed the V7 and replaced it by version 6.0.0.40 bundle 42 from a CD in combination with my BB9780.

Please use plain text.