Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
trevtremaine
My Device: Torch 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Desktop V7.0 PC sync lockup

After installing V7.0, cannot sync with my BB Torch 9800 on a Win7 desktop (all Win7 updates have been applied). Seems to go into a loop when "Building Sync list"  (allowed to continue for 20 minutes on what normally takes less than a minute to complete. No available dump or logfiles that I can see. Did install driver for the phone on the desktop, no problems encountered with either the driver or desktop software installs. Any ideas as to what's going on, or better yet, ANY SOLUTION?!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danielhuot
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop V7.0 PC sync lockup

I just downloaded the new update today and Seems to go into a loop when "Building Sync list"  forever. I will change pour an IPhone I guess, I am sick and tired of BB issues.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trevtremaine
My Device: Torch 9000

Sorry - wrong message - it's actually the same as others are experiencing - the "Preparing Sync Preview". Still, no resolution from what I see on other posts. I've tried the uninstall/re-install route, including drivers without success. There's one possible solution by performing a one-way sync, but it appears to be temporary and that also means you have to figure out what you're losing in terms of data changes manually...

It would be nice to HEAR FROM BLACKBERRY THAT THEY'RE WORKING ON A SOLUTION

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TexasBlueBoy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same problem. It won't even cancel. Have to use Task Manager to kill it. I did find the SyncLog and it shows this "SyncObject::GetActiveProfile" repeating over and over and over and over......

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mary_chen
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT & T

The destop manager would stop working in the middle of the sync..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ed3621
My Device: 9780

[ Edited ]

Me too.  My 9780 cannot sync with the new Desktop Manager on my Windows 7 OS.  I just spent several hours with Rogers (who clkaim their service terms no longer provide for BB software support!) reloading DM and then re-loading my device software.  I tried to get back to Desktop Manager 6, but cannot find a reliable download site anywhere.  RIM no longer seems to provide it . . .Any suggestions? 

BTW, i will be looking for a reliable smartphone that  syncs to calendar and contacts in Outlook seamlessly - just like BB used to.  Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mary_chen

If this deosn't get fixed quickly, I'll have to look for a new phone as well, probably the iPhone. I don't trust Android as I heard they are not very secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ersh78
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Same sync problem it has been "prepairing sync preview" for over 5 hours now.  Really not fun.  An I-phone looks really good right about now.  RIM is not making friends or satisfying its customers!!!!!!  Sure way to loose them.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mary_chen

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Baer
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

That worked for me. I deleted/uninstalled all RIM software and then reinstalled DS from the link given above.

Please use plain text.