If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
BasssPale
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Desktop manager isn't recognizing outlook

When trying to configure latest DTM 6 for the first time (new laptop, just installed Outlook 2007) it isn't showing Outlook as one of the available desktop programs to sync with.

How do I get DTM to see Outlook?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigneau
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: sfr

Re: Desktop manager isn't recognizing outlook

Same problem with Outlook 2010 !

Please help us...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

vigneau wrote:

Same problem with Outlook 2010 !

Please help us...

Please see my reply to your duplicate post here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigneau

It solves the issue (or at least answers the question - up to the dvpt team to solve the issue...), but as I am not the OP I can not ccept this solution.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

vigneau wrote:

It solves the issue (or at least answers the question - up to the dvpt team to solve the issue...), but as I am not the OP I can not ccept this solution.

Many thanks

You are of course welcome...but...I'm not at all worried about this thread being marked as Solved...there are other ways that could be accomplished. What I am worried about is if things are functioning or not in your specific circumstance.

The workaround documented in the KB is supposed to allow for folks to get functioning if they have installed Outlook2010 in the Click To Run mode...reinstalling in full installation mode (or whatever it's called) allows them to integrate Outlook2010 with the Desktop Software and their BB.

So, what I'm wondering is if that applies to you...if you have Outlook2010 installed as Click To Run and you can change that to a full install, then you can get working and have no need to wait for the development team. From your answers so far, I cannot at all tell if this applies to you or not...so I persist.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigneau

I can not tell right now if this solution applies. I will ask my network administrator to re-install outlook 2010.

I will let the forum know about this workaround as soon as possible as I guess I am not the only one in this case.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vigneau

It works ! Just by reinstalling Outlook.

Many thanks again.

Please use plain text.