04-12-2013 06:06 PM
Thanks In advance,
I have a 9900 with Os 7.1. Bundle 1461 Version 22.214.171.1247 Platform 126.96.36.1995.
Most recent one for 9900 is Bundle 2108 Version 188.8.131.526 Platform 184.108.40.2066.
Yet when I connect and ask for upgrade, desktop says none available. Sometimes says other install options, so I can see if I want to downgrade, and other times, with other phone, it does not even give me that option.
04-13-2013 11:53 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Left to their "automatic" methods, both the on-device Wireless Update function as well as the Desktop Software will look only for OS levels that the carrier your BB was originally manufactured for (by virtue of it's VendorID) has released and supports. So, if that carrier does not support 220.127.116.116, then that would explain why it is not being offered to you. Sometimes also, the automatic methods just fail. I always find it best to take control and force it to do what I desire rather than leaving it to the automatic methods.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!