01-17-2009 01:44 PM
I just switched from an 8700 to a 9000 and used the Device Switch Wizard (Desktop Manager 4.7) to transfer everything from old to new unit. No problems or errors but now I have duplicate entries for most of my calendar entries on the 9000. I see that the 9000 now has two calendars - one for my desktop (BES to Outlook - Outlook does NOT show duplicate entries) and one for my gmail account. I don't have a calendar on google. The two calendars have a different number of entries (not sure why). Outlook has more than either (but some more than 60 days old so I assume that's the main difference).
How do I get rid of the calendar for the gmail account on the 9000? Synchronization is always wireless back to BES so I don't run Desktop Manager normally.
01-06-2010 03:43 PM
There's a BlackBerry QB article for attempting to fix duplicate entries, but it has never worked as far as I know. It contains three resolutions, the third being a total Security Wipe and starting over...which I've always used until recently when I discovered a much easier way.
This procedure is for a Mac, but it should be the same in principle as the only thing wrong here is you've got two calendars CICALs fighting each other on the BB and you can't just get rid of one. Well, you can, but it doesn't fix it. Adapt the following to your Windows environment and I'm betting it will work.
This has worked for me twice now...and saved me the headache of reinstalling all my BB apps after a Security Wipe. Let me know if it works.
01-20-2010 01:40 PM - edited 01-20-2010 01:45 PM
To remove a third party calendar, go to the bb options and under Service Books, look for <your service provider>[CICAL] for the calendar and delete it
Also, to get rid of duplicate entries in either the calendar or contacts, go to the application (Contacts or calendar) and go to Options. Once in the Options, type: rset . (one e not two like in reset) this will reset the contacts or calendar (whichever you are in.)
01-20-2010 02:20 PM
skippy1827...I've tried that a dozen times in my life and while it does remove the CICAL entry you don't want, it has never kept the one I want displayed under Calendar | Options. Further, rset has never worked for me, either, and every time I try to sync my calendar after this fiasco (at least from BBDTM for Mac) it will not sync because it can't find the correct calendar that was originally synched. The method I described is the only one that has ever worked for me.