Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
lawhelp
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Error Code 0x8386003e CONTACTS not syncing with Outlook

My Curve 8330 has been syncing with Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 laptop UNTIL I messed around with my Contacts folders on Outlook.  Now everything syncs EXCEPT for my Contacts - - I get Error Code 0x8386003e.  I don't think there's any problem with the BlackBerry because it still syncs everything on my other laptop that's running Windows XP. Help will be appreciated -- Thank You!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Error Code 0x8386003e CONTACTS not syncing with Outlook

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Congratulations!

It appears that you two to have been the only users to ever to report Error Code 0x8386003e. I just spent a good 30 min on Google with not a single other reference.

You both posted within the last couple hours.:Beta1:

User  lawhelp  has a 8330 Curve and posted here Desktop software

User  randk has a 9860 Torch and posted here The Torch forum

I figured  the best thing would be to introduce you and let you help each other.

I have attached a link on advanced logging to help you get more information.

Simply amazing!

:Phone:

Bifocals

KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawhelp

A pleasure to meet you, Bifocals, randk & other members of the forums! 

Also, "Thank You"  for all your efforts, Bifocals!  I'm hopeful that you'll hang in there with me until my issue is resolved :Yes: I went through all the steps in the source you directed us to -- BUT, the results are exactly the same as before with the same error code.  I neglected to include in my post that directly after the error code it says "check documentation" - sorry.

I don't know if it matters at all, but my BB Desktop Software is version 6.1.0.35 (Released 06/07/2011, Bundle 34) which is just a bit higher than the 6.0 "cap" in the article.  I've also just been syncing one-way from device to Outlook because the first time I synced two-ways (probably on my XP) all of my contacts photos ended up in Outlook and disappeared from my Curve's address book.

While researching through the supportforums sites prior to becoming a member, I found a "Wired sync not working" issue that you helped rontl to resolve on 11/09/2008.  After awhile you determined that "The Intellisync configuration folder has corrupt entries and must be removed" and you instructed Ron to delete the entire Intellisync folder, open the Desktop Manager and "click Synchronize now" which resolved his problem.

Further insight and wisdom toward solving my problem will be greatly appreciated :Helpsmilie:   Ted

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi lawhelp!

You wrote:

"I don't know if it matters at all, but my BB Desktop Software is version 6.1.0.35 (Released 06/07/2011, Bundle 34) which is just a bit higher than the 6.0 "cap" in the article." 

It ALL matters! :Innocent:

You can never put too much detail in your posts ever! Our only way of understanding your systems setup is based on what you tell us. The more we know helps us give you the best advice possible.

I'm impressed that you were researching the problem. :smileywink: The technology changes quickly in this business and we have so much information it's hard to know where to start. When you look for information on similar problems use qualifiers like "that contain the same versions of hardware and software as I have." It will help keep your search stay focused and may even keep you from time traveling  back  to November 2008!:Santa:

So the error occurred during your normal device > to Outlook sync or did you try a 2 way sync?

The steps for starting advanced logging were not meant to fix the problem but to produce a log file of what is failing.  So did you get the logfile? I'll try to find an article on intellisync for you to read.

We need to chat before we get to deep into deleting or modifying the synchronization options. I think we should touch on the definition of "has been syncing with Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 laptop Until I messed around with my contacts."

:Sweatdrop:

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawhelp

Sorry, Bifocals -- I'm self-taught & a poor teacher/learner.

I'm quite clueless and very much appreciate your kind assistance.

The error occurred during my "usual" Device > Outlook one-way sync (though I would like to do 2-way; the contacts pics issue scared me away from that).

I got a couple log files, both of which are quite long (even just 12/20's entries)

1. PtTrace.log dating from 11/18/2011 - 12/20/2011 replete with error messages/issues

2. synchronize.log from 09/27/2011 - 12/20/2011 with one of the last entries being:

10000] (12/20 08:55:13.208):{0x1F10} CXLB[CXLBWrapperImpl::TranslateByIndex@1065] CXLB_dTranslateByIndex failed with error code 0x8386003E (Unknown error)

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010

About Microsoft Outlook

Version: 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit)

Product ID: 01631-032-0750916-11055

Toshiba Satellite

Processor: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.48 usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

BlackBerry 8330 smartphone (CDMA)

v4.50.186 (Platform 3.4.0.59)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a

Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1

----- continues with a bunch of Micro Edition stuff ...

I'm pretty sure that whatever I did screwing around with the Outlook contacts is the root cause of this problem.  I have several email addresses managed by it, including one "Live" (HotMail, I believe) address.  From what I can recall, when sending an email and choosing recipients, I would have to scroll to the "Live" address book to locate my contacts.  It also disturbed me that my contacts were on my Live website(?).  I deleted the "cloud" contacts; changed my default address book from Live to tedbratton@att.net; screwed around moving and deleting address books -- it was a confusing and frustrating process that apparently messed up the contacts syncability -- I think my BlackBerry may be looking in the wrong place to find my contacts.

I did run "repair" off my Microsoft Office Home and Business CD but it didn't cure the problem.

Hopefully, I have provided the information you require.  I'd like to attach the log files to this Post but I don't see anyway of doing it.

Appreciatively,

Ted

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi lawhelp,

lawhelp wrote:

Sorry, Bifocals -- I'm self-taught & a poor teacher/learner.

I'm quite clueless and very much appreciate your kind assistance.

Ted sorry to get back so late. You are doing a good job of learning the Blackberry in the traditional "OOPs!  method that most of us used. If you never break anything you never learn, You know when to ask questions and provide detail.

The error occurred during my "usual" Device > Outlook one-way sync (though I would like to do 2-way; the contacts pics issue scared me away from that).

I got your logs and yes it was fine to use the email I provided on my home page.

I got a couple log files, both of which are quite long (even just 12/20's entries)

1. PtTrace.log dating from 11/18/2011 - 12/20/2011 replete with error messages/issues

2. synchronize.log from 09/27/2011 - 12/20/2011 with one of the last entries being:

10000] (12/20 08:55:13.208):{0x1F10} CXLB[CXLBWrapperImpl::TranslateByIndex@1065] CXLB_dTranslateByIndex failed with error code 0x8386003E (Unknown error)

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010

About Microsoft Outlook

Version: 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit)

Product ID: 01631-032-0750916-11055

Toshiba Satellite

Processor: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.40 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.48 usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

BlackBerry 8330 smartphone (CDMA)

v4.50.186 (Platform 3.4.0.59)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a

Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1

----- continues with a bunch of Micro Edition stuff ...

I'm pretty sure that whatever I did screwing around with the Outlook contacts is the root cause of this problem.  I have several email addresses managed by it, including one "Live" (HotMail, I believe) address.  From what I can recall, when sending an email and choosing recipients, I would have to scroll to the "Live" address book to locate my contacts.  It also disturbed me that my contacts were on my Live website(?).  I deleted the "cloud" contacts; changed my default address book from Live to tedbratton@att.net; screwed around moving and deleting address books -- it was a confusing and frustrating process that apparently messed up the contacts syncability -- I think my BlackBerry may be looking in the wrong place to find my contacts.

I think that there are several reasons for the failure. I have some "light reading" for you on the links below.

Lets start on the device.

On the home page click the options icon and scroll up to Advanced click on it and scroll to Default Services. What are the email associated values for the CICAL

CMIME and if your have it SYNCH? Post those back.

From the home screen lick on contacts>menu key>options you will see General Options in capital letters under which you will see Contact Lists. Click on each list and look at the bottom for the number of entries. Make notes of them an post the info back. Keep special notice for an unknown or default contact list.

On the home screen open the calendar>menu key>select options. You will see the calendars with the associated colors listed. Same deal click on each and not the number of entries on each. Again look for any  named default or unknown. Post back the totals.

OK lets open the calendar on the PC look at contacts and see if  there are any sub-groups with contacts. For example your should have a main Contacts folder in personal folders do you have any contacts listed in sub-directories or other folders?

Now bring up desktop manager go to the sync setup go into advanced options and check field mapping make sure your contacts are correctly located.

And last bet not least look at reason for failure under KB14148. I'm concerned that the address that were "managed" by MSlive may have a problems with contacts having  multiple email address's.

I did run "repair" off my Microsoft Office Home and Business CD but it didn't cure the problem.

Hopefully, I have provided the information you require.  I'd like to attach the log files to this Post but I don't see anyway of doing it.

Hopefully you will continue to provide the information even though it makes more work for you! I still owe you two articles but I have "organized" them so well I can't find them!

Appreciatively,

Ted

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB14818 "Error encounter. Error code – 0x80040fb3. Check documentation” appears during a wired synchronization with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Reason 2

"Within the contact application data, when attempting to synchronize a contact where there is a blank email address before a completed email address. For example, if there is a contact that has e-mail 2 populated but not e-mail, this error may occur. If e-mail and e-mail 3 populated, but not e-mail 2 this error may occur."

Blackberry Desktop manager 6.0_mapping fields in advaced settings

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawhelp

I JUST SPENT >4 HOURS PUTTING MY REPLY TOGETHER & WINDOWS HUNG, LOST ALL MY WORK.  I DID THE "NEVER DO THAT" -- I''LL TRY TO RECONSTRUCT IN WORDPROCESSING & TRY AGAIN - - UGH :*(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawhelp

I just did the NEVER DO, alot of work without saving = LOST last 4ish hours of work product when I tried to post my reply.  I'll try to reconstruct in wordprocessing and ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lawhelp

On the home page click the options icon and scroll up to Advanced click on it and scroll to Default Services. What are the email associated values for the CICAL

tedbraxter@att.net (apparent default, as this shows before clicking)

When click, ABOVE tedbraxter@att.net are the following:

Facebook TOP of list

Low-Ball@voyager.net

LowBall@voyager.net

LowBall@live.com

tedbraxter@sprint.blackberry.net

tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com

Then, the "apparent default" tedbraxter@att.net BOTTOM of list

SAME as above, except NO Facebook (I unlinked my device from FaceBook a very long time ago, way before all this fiasco began)

No "SYNCH" found ...

From the home screen lick on contacts>menu key>options you will see General Options in capital letters under which you will see Contact Lists. Click on each list and look at the bottom for the number of entries. Make notes of them an post the info back. Keep special notice for an unknown or default contact list.

Unable to find that path, anywhere. Closest thing is "Address Book" where I got the following results:

Address Book > Options

General Options

Address Books

Default "Number of Entries: 966" which is how many contacts are on my device.

On the home screen open the calendar>menu key>select options. You will see the calendars with the associated colors listed. Same deal click on each and not the number of entries on each. Again look for any named default or unknown. Post back the totals.

Device Default 26 BLUE

Facebook 13 PURPLE

Low-Ball@voyager.net 0 GREEN

LowBall@live.com 0 PURPLE

LowBall@voyager.net 0 BLUE

tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com 5 ORANGE

tedbraxter@att.net 724 RED

tedbraxter@sprint.blackberry.net 0 YELLOW

ALL of the above have "No" for "Wireless Synchronization"

OK lets open the calendar on the PC look at contacts and see if there are any sub-groups with contacts. For example your should have a main Contacts folder in personal folders do you have any contacts listed in sub-directories or other folders?

Initially, I did not find any Address Book related items in Calendar but plugged my newly discovered finding in at the end of my "lost" reply. There is an Address Book ribbon on top of the Calendar section of Outlook. When it’s clicked, the following occurs:

" Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net" appears with my contacts, each followed by an email address.

By scrolling ABOVE, I get "TedBraxter@att.net" with "No entries in this Address Book."

Scrolling BELOW, and lastly is "Contacts (mobile) - TedBraxter@att.net" which has each contact’s phone # in the "email" column - - for SMS, perhaps???

---------

CONTACTS section of Outlook, yielded the following:

MY CONTACTS

Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net 943

Contacts - LowBall@live.com 0

Suggested Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net 7 (today) NONE of these actually say "today" - my add

Suggested Contacts - lowball@voyager.net 1 (today)

Suggested Contacts - low-ball@voyager.net 0 (today)

Suggested Contacts - tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com 0 (today)

Now bring up desktop manager go to the sync setup go into advanced options and check field mapping make sure your contacts are correctly located.

WEIRD, when I went into Organizer > Configure Settings > Advanced the following happened:

CALENDAR

Calendar <--------->LowBall@live.com\Theodore E’s calendar

MEMOPAD

MemoPad <--------->LowBall@live.com\Notes (this computer only)

ADDRESS BOOK

"Microsoft Outlook Connector Error.

Error encountered. Error code - 0x83860060

Check documentation."

I then clicked "OK", and was into the Address Book tab with the "box" containing the paths like under all the other sync tab items is empty and ABOVE it states:

"Folder Mapping

No folder mapping is available for Address Book section."

UNDER the box, the Map Folder button is very light and unusable.

In the Field Mapping section, I clicked "Map Fields" a few times; even "reset" - - all to no avail.

TASKS

Tasks <--------->LowBall@live.com\Tasks (this computer only)

And last bet not least look at reason for failure under KB14148. I'm concerned that the address that were "managed" by MSlive may have a problems with contacts having multiple email address's.

I very much doubt that there are any email address issues like that. I just recently became aware of Outlook’s ability to store more than one email address, and believe that my discovery was AFTER the Address Book sync issue arose. I did add a few additional addresses in Outlook which is one of the reasons I’d like to resume two-way syncs (which I quit doing prior to getting my Windows 7 computer, as Outlook on my other XP computer stole all of the contact pictures from my device).

Thanks, AGAIN, Bifocals!!!

Ted

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

lawhelp wrote:

tedbraxter@att.net (apparent default, as this shows before clicking)

When click, ABOVE tedbraxter@att.net are the following:

Facebook TOP of list

Low-Ball@voyager.net

LowBall@voyager.net

LowBall@live.com

tedbraxter@sprint.blackberry.net

tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com

Then, the "apparent default" tedbraxter@att.net BOTTOM of list

Good Morning Sir!

Well you have done a jam up and jelly tight job on your contacts and calendar.

I would seriously think about getting some new friends to go with the new device!

The CMIME (messages) and CICAL (calendar) should reflect your main email.

address on your device as well as Outlook. This will come clearer in a minute.

You can have 10 email accounts on the device each email address has it's own calendar. This is why the different colors are each is associated with one email address, calendar and contacts. Now every time you open your calendar it shows all calendars lumped together. The only distinguishing factor is the color of the appointment's.There has never been an option for that.

The  CMIME and CICAL values on the device should be the main account on Outlook as well to synchronize the all the events on both devices. To correctly sync the other calendars you would be changing the default accounts for each email address. Try using 10 calendars and getting all information on the right calendar and then keeping them accurate it's not if you make and error iks just a matter of when.

You also have some data in the device default calendar as well. There's a big difference between default services and device default. At some point we drop an email address from the device or lose the service books in error. The calendar appointments, contacts and notes associated with the missing email now become homeless. The device default calendar collects all the information, displays it in the "lumped view" of all the calendars which is good,  The bad point is until that deata is moved to anoother calendar it will not synchronize to Outlook.

SAME as above, except NO Facebook (I unlinked my device from FaceBook a very long time ago, way before all this fiasco began)

No "SYNCH" found ...

\

Unable to find that path, anywhere. Closest thing is "Address Book" where I got the following results:

(Sorry I tried to turn on my 8330 and it was stone dead I spoketh Torch.)

Address Book > Options

General Options

Address Books

Default "Number of Entries: 966" which is how many contacts are on my device.

On the home screen open the calendar>menu key>select options. You will see the calendars with the associated colors listed. Same deal click on each and not the number of entries on each. Again look for any named default or unknown. Post back the totals.

Device Default 26 BLUE

Facebook 13 PURPLE

Low-Ball@voyager.net 0 GREEN

LowBall@live.com 0 PURPLE

LowBall@voyager.net 0 BLUE

tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com 5 ORANGE

tedbraxter@att.net 724 RED

tedbraxter@sprint.blackberry.net 0 YELLOW

ALL of the above have "No" for "Wireless Synchronization"

OK lets open the calendar on the PC look at contacts and see if there are any sub-groups with contacts. For example your should have a main Contacts folder in personal folders do you have any contacts listed in sub-directories or other folders?

Initially, I did not find any Address Book related items in Calendar but plugged my newly discovered finding in at the end of my "lost" reply. There is an Address Book ribbon on top of the Calendar section of Outlook. When it’s clicked, the following occurs:

" Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net" appears with my contacts, each followed by an email address.

By scrolling ABOVE, I get "TedBraxter@att.net" with "No entries in this Address Book."

Scrolling BELOW, and lastly is "Contacts (mobile) - TedBraxter@att.net" which has each contact’s phone # in the "email" column - - for SMS, perhaps???

---------

CONTACTS section of Outlook, yielded the following:

MY CONTACTS

Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net 943

Contacts - LowBall@live.com 0

Suggested Contacts - TedBraxter@att.net 7 (today) NONE of these actually say "today" - my add

Suggested Contacts - lowball@voyager.net 1 (today)

Suggested Contacts - low-ball@voyager.net 0 (today)

Suggested Contacts - tedbraxter@prepaidlegal.com 0 (today)

WEIRD, when I went into Organizer > Configure Settings > Advanced the following happened:

CALENDAR

Calendar <--------->LowBall@live.com\Theodore E’s calendar

MEMOPAD

MemoPad <--------->LowBall@live.com\Notes (this computer only)

ADDRESS BOOK

"Microsoft Outlook Connector Error.

Error encountered. Error code - 0x83860060

Check documentation."

I then clicked "OK", and was into the Address Book tab with the "box" containing the paths like under all the other sync tab items is empty and ABOVE it states:

"Folder Mapping

No folder mapping is available for Address Book section."

UNDER the box, the Map Folder button is very light and unusable.

In the Field Mapping section, I clicked "Map Fields" a few times; even "reset" - - all to no avail.

TASKS

Tasks <--------->LowBall@live.com\Tasks (this computer only)

And last bet not least look at reason for failure under KB14148. I'm concerned that the address that were "managed" by MSlive may have a problems with contacts having multiple email address's.

Sounds like you've gpot a agood handle on that the totals are, I've given you the links for getting it glued back. I suggest you take a couple reads at the links and make sure you have a good attack plan. If you need anything just post it. If I don't talk to you before then Merry Christmas!

Thanks,

Bifocals

I very much doubt that there are any email address issues like that. I just recently became aware of Outlook’s ability to store more than one email address, and believe that my discovery was AFTER the Address Book sync issue arose. I did add a few additional addresses in Outlook which is one of the reasons I’d like to resume two-way syncs (which I quit doing prior to getting my Windows 7 computer, as Outlook on my other XP computer stole all of the contact pictures from my device).

Thanks, AGAIN, Bifocals!!!

Ted

KB17992 Using the Calendar application on a BlackBerry smartphone that supports multiple CICAL service book

KB19240 How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB19704 How to merge Desktop or Unknown contact list databases on the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please use plain text.