Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

lucym92
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

Fatal error with media card

I sent a song to a friends phone via bluetooth and when I tried to play it on my phone it froze. I had to remove the battery to get it to reload and when it came back on it said that there had been a fatal error with the media card. I have tried to plug it into my pc to see if I can fix it but I can't open it and when I try to do so through 'my computer' it says to insert a disc into the drive.

Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what to do and can't seem to find a solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
FA1SGL
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Fatal error with media card

lucym92 wrote:

I sent a song to a friends phone via bluetooth and when I tried to play it on my phone it froze.

From this I assume you initially had the song on YOUR phone?  Had you been able to play it prior to sending to your friend's phone?

I had to remove the battery to get it to reload and when it came back on it said that there had been a fatal error with the media card.

Once you  reloaded did your phone otherwise work?

I have tried to plug it into my pc to see if I can fix it but I can't open it and when I try to do so through 'my computer' it says to insert a disc into the drive.

I assume you are now referring to the media card using either a card reader or a card slot on your PCYou have double checked the drive letter assignments?

Can anyone help me with this? I have no idea what to do and can't seem to find a solution. Thanks.

Have you tried using the card (For any purpose) in your phone after any of the above?  Can you acccess any data that is on the card? 

Try:  Options>Memory>Menu>Repair>Media Card

After attempting repair and if you still cannot access the card you might try reformatting the card.  You lose any content on the card but if it sucessfuly reformats you might br able to use the card in the future.  I would "save" data to the card and see if it accessible.  Reformatting causes you to lose what you have but at present it is "gone" anyhow being non accessible.

Good luck.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
ccagility
My Device: stormm 9520
My Carrier: vodafone uk

hi did you manage to get this sorted I have the same problem with 2 cards and woul dbe interested in a solution

cheers

daniel

Please use plain text.
lililondon
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

my media card was working fine till i pulled it out n put it back in and then it started acting up saying it had a faliure

i must hav taken it out n pulled the battery like 34894 times rele pissin me off now cos i got nuthin saved off it and no way to put it on my computer cos no convertor for media card.... anyone help me please!! i hav a bb bold 9900

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lililondon wrote:

my media card was working fine till i pulled it out n put it back in and then it started acting up saying it had a faliure

i must hav taken it out n pulled the battery like 34894 times rele pissin me off now cos i got nuthin saved off it and no way to put it on my computer cos no convertor for media card.... anyone help me please!! i hav a bb bold 9900

34894? Funny! Very funny!! I'm laughing all over myself on that one! :smileytongue:

Anyway, if you indeed have done as you say, then I have high confidence that your BB will never be able to read that card again. Hence, your only hope is to read that card with some other device...the simplest being a computer with a card reader. It is also possible that the card is totally dead and that no device will be able to read it. It is also possible that your BB card reader is dead, which means it won't be able to read any card...ever.

Your issue, from what you describe, is hardware related...at an internet distance, it's pretty much impossible to actually resolve such things.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
MartinRP
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If anyones still having problems with this or thinks that their old SD cards are now dead, I updated my bold 9900 software through my PC and found that when I put the SD card back into my old BB Curve 8520 it just started working again.. pictures, music and videos. Find another blackberry and try it out

Please use plain text.