Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Flyinskwrl88
My Device: Not Specified

Found new hardware wizard "access denied" usb doesn't connect properly. can't sync.

I have a new Blackberry 8130. It has device software 4.5. I have desktop software 4.7.  I've used the version that came with the cd (4.3) but it didn't work either for this issue. Im working with a laptop on windows xp. I have used this cord on my mother's computer (which has vista) and it synced just fine. So I know my blackberry and cord are fine. I have done the entire usb driver updates and disabled the power management options troubleshooting. (uninstalling and restarting the computer).

Whenever I connect my Blackberry it connects and begins fine. Yet when it attempts to install the new drivers for the new hardware.(Blackberry), it attempts to begin download using the "new hardware wizard", yet after a split second it says "An error occured during installation of the device. Access is Denied."

I've tried installing the Desktop manager from the cd and updating to newer versions from online. I didn't know if it is the security of my browser or computer or whatever.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Found new hardware wizard "access denied" usb doesn't connect properly. can't sync.

Uninstall existing Blackberry Desktop Software.

Restart your computer.

Download and install the most recent version of Blackberry Desktop Software (v4.7).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Flyinskwrl88

Re: Found new hardware wizard "access denied" usb doesn't connect properly. can't sync.

I did that in the past, and have reinstalled it now, and it still hasn't worked with any of the versions of Desktop Manager I've installed.
Please use plain text.
Developer

That's strange.

In this case download and install Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers on your desktop computer.

When you've drivers installed - restart your computer.

It should help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Flyinskwrl88

[ Edited ]
I've just completed that step and I still have the same problem.
Message Edited by Flyinskwrl88 on 01-08-2009 06:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Developer

Right click on "My computer" and select "Manage"

Go to "Device manager" at the left pane and inspect the list of devics on the right pane.

Are there devices with exclamation mark near the icon or "question" mark instead of the icon.

Seems that your desktop computer does not have proper drivers installed for the on-board devices.

Please use plain text.
pjtoomes
My Device: curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Reading this sting, I have the same problem. Where do you find the device driver for the BB curve?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

pjtoomes wrote:

Reading this sting, I have the same problem. Where do you find the device driver for the BB curve?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The Desktop Software contains the necessary drivers, is universal for all BB models, and is available here:

The Device OS Package can further customize the Desktop Software for your specific BB model and carrier. You can obtain that from your carriers download page via this portal:

First download and install (both to your PC) the Desktop Software, then download and install your specific Device OS Package. If you are on MAC, the Device OS packages are moot (they are only useable on PC).

Further...this thread was started with discussion about a USB hub...don't use those. Only use the USB ports that are root and directly attached to your PC. Often, this means using the rear ports and not those on the front of a PC tower. Likewise, with laptops, only use the USB ports on the laptop itself...not the docking station.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
pamazon
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I have a 9800 which was working with my laptop usb just fine until two months ago. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times. When I manually install the driver I get the correct driver for device and access denied message. it will not install. Has anyone solved this one?
Please use plain text.