Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
atl1dxg
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Google Chrome will not open and run BB Desktop Manager

Just purchased a Google Chrome laptop bad I am unable to open and run BB Desktop manager. I can download the program but Google will not open it up. Please help. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: Google Chrome will not open and run BB Desktop Manager

I'm afraid Desktop Software only supports Windows or Mac OS from the looks of things:

Windows: Software requirements

• Windows® XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 or Windows 8
  • Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection
  • iTunes version 7.7.1 or later, or Windows Media® Player version 10 or later, for music synchronization

The Desktop Software for Mac System Requirements web page is currently showing a 404 error, but it only supports Mac OS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
atl1dxg
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for your response. Surely BB is working on a way to work with Google Chrome. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

I'm not sure I'm afraid, I certainly haven't heard anything myself, but hopefully someone else on the forum will pitch in and confirm.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Can't confirm nor deny anything of a "forward looking" nature, at least not authoritatively (such is actually expressly prohibited on the site). What I'd compare to is NetBooks...those were popular for a time, and were never supported by the BB Desktop Software. The only thing authoritative that can be know is what the current system requirements pages say.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.