Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

amsfergie
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!!

Well, I've been scouring these posts for three days trying to figure out why the desktop software doesn't recognize my blackberry pearl.  I have removed and re-installed many times.  I have installed drivers.  My device shows the charging icon when plugged into the usb.  I don't know what else to do.  Any help would be appreciated.  All I want to do is be able to back up my calendar and task list really.  Thanks!!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Re: HELP!!

Hi and welcome...

Are you using Windows XP or Vista?

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Please use plain text.
amsfergie

I am using XP.
Please use plain text.
Developer
hmeister
My Device: 9000

Hi...

You can download the latest Desktop Manager and Blackberry Handheld software here...

You need to install the DM (Desktop Manager) and the appropriate handheld software for your Blackberry Handheld phone.

Or, instead of installing the handheld software, you can also load the correct USB drivers here off the Microsoft site.

This should allow you to see the phone when attaching the device to the USB cord. Remember, it is a two part installation - DM and the correct handheld software for your device.

Let us know how your doing....

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Please use plain text.
amsfergie

Well, H, I've tried both of your suggestions, and neither worked.  I took my phone into Sprint today to see if they could help.  The guy changed the mass storage setting on my phone, and that didn't work either.  Any other suggestions I could try?  Thanks!!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

prior to using the desktop manager or upgrading your device, you have to make sure the USB driver is fine.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.