Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: HOW TO OPEN A BBB FILE ?

And again, the best way to view your contact list on your comouter is to sync your contact list. When you use your BlackBerry Desktop Software to sync your contact list to Microsoft Outlook, you can open Outloon and view your contact list there. Or, if you sync your contacts with your email service, you can log into your email service via your computer and view your contacts there. Note: once you've synced your contacts to Outlook or your email service, you can extract your contact list to a file that can be opened in Excel.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cunni1965
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: wind

I just saw this . This is hugely complicated . There has got to be an easier way to view my contact list on my pc after syncing my bberry to my pc .It is simple to view files ,pictures etc ..but why so hard for a simple telephone list or email list ??

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, thanks for that extra info. Since you use a Hotmail email address, do the following:

Go to Setup > Email Accounts. Find your Hotmail account, then press the BB Menu button and select Edit. Go to the Synchronization tab and select the option to sync your contacts. Save the settings and your BlackBerry should then start the synching process.

Once that's complete. You can simply log into your Hotmail account and go to the address book there. All of your contacts will be listed there. If you need to make any changes, you can do so and those changes should sync back to your BlackBerry.

If you need to see the contacts on your computer in another way, let me know.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Also, just to add, in order to see contacts on your computer, you do typically need to have some sort of Address Book software installed on your computer. Its really easy when you have a compatible address book software... Bit more complicated when you don't.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cunni1965

but there is no sync your contact list button ? My organizer data , which I only want to sync does not allow me to sync my contacts as it is blocked ( its says wireless sync )

I don't have outlook . If I install outlook on to my PC then what do i do with my hotmail . I am just a hotmail oldtimer !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cunni1965

What about the phone numbers . It's a bloody phone .!! I have the email addresses already on my pc

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

The phone numbers will be synced as well. Have you tried it? I ended up doing this myself with my Hotmail account. I did have to clean some things up, but Hotmail was able to handle most of that automatically for me.

Maybe I'm not understanding why you're getting so frustrated, but I have provided an alternative using the info you provided which doesn't require using any extra software and can keep all your contact info somewhere where you can access it from any internet capable device (computer, phone, tablet or other).

I hope this info will help out. Please try it out and then get back to us.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cunni1965

I just checked my hotmail contact list . It has already done it . emails and phones .. Oh brother . i have no idea how that worked ..I need a drink

thx

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Sorry, it's not a phone. It's a smartphone. A BlackBerry to be specific, which does much more than call people.

We've each given you several options to view the contacts on your PC or desktop, which do you prefer?

Good, you got it now. Go enjoy that drink.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, cool! Glad that worked for you after all then!

Please use plain text.