Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
T-flyer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Help! When I sync my Torch with my Outlook calendar it auto-deletes all entries over 90 days old.

I see there are many complaints about this on the web but I haven't found a solution yet.  It is sooo frustrating.  Calling BlackBerry was a waste of time.  30+mins on hold, 3 transfers and no answers!  WTF? *&#%@!  AT&T says they are getting complaints and passing them to BlackBerry who says it is a software problem with the Desktop Manager 6.0.  Yeah, no kidding.

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Help! When I sync my Torch with my Outlook calendar it auto-deletes all entries over 90 days old.

Hey T-Flyer,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would first suggest checking the Keep appointments Option in the Calendar Options:
How to use the Keep Messages option on the BlackBerry® smartphone
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13093

If the Option was set to 90days anything older then 90 days would be flagged for deletion and when you synchronize it would offer to delete the items from Microsoft® Outlook, is this what is happening when you synchronize?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-flyer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help! When I sync my Torch with my Outlook calendar it auto-deletes all entries over 90 days old.

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  The instructions link you provided don't match the options on my phone.  On my device I can to to Messages; Menu; Options; and that is where the difference begins.  I have Message Display and Actions as an option, so I selected that and changed the setting under "Days To Keep Messages" to Forever.  It was set at 30 days

My problem is not with Messages however.  When I sync with Outlook, I lose all the entries (except for the recurrences) that are 90 days old.

I am assuming the changes I made will not solve the problem. I probably won't know for sure for a few more days until I see what Calendar items get deleted that are over 90 days old from today.

T-Flyer

Please use plain text.