Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Fionamac1970
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

How long does it take to back up??

I have just downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software and when I connected my curve 9300 it begins the back up. The problem is it seems to get stuck on RMS Databases 12 of 13 records. I cancelled the first go after 20 minutes and the second go was still stuck 40 minutes later. Am I just being impatient or is there a problem???

Fiona

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: How long does it take to back up??

Hi,

Seems there has been some prob cz normally that shouldn't stuck for such a long time...backup does takes time, depending upon the amount of data... 

you can go for online data backup through the app blackberry protect...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fionamac1970 wrote:

I have just downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software and when I connected my curve 9300 it begins the back up. The problem is it seems to get stuck on RMS Databases 12 of 13 records. I cancelled the first go after 20 minutes and the second go was still stuck 40 minutes later. Am I just being impatient or is there a problem???

Fiona

Fiona, in the Desktop Software, go to Device > Backup > Select Data and UNselect the RMS database to backup.

Click to proceed and see if the remaining backup runs ok?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fionamac1970

Thanks for the reply. Unable to do as you suggest as when i select Device the only option I can select is 'sync by type'. All I want to do is update my software as the ball keeps wizzing off on its own and the 3 shop said I would need to update to see if that solves the problem before they send the phone off to be fixed. I can't update as everytime I plug the phone in it automatically begins backing up....I am seriously loosing all patience with it, been at it for hrs now!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fionamac1970

Thanks for that, I have successfully managed to back up with Blackberry Protect.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

Glad that i cud help...:Yes: 

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Please use plain text.