Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

burndtjammer
My Device: n/A
My Carrier: Verizon

How to create a silent install without firstlaunch and autoupdate enabled

Its been asked numerous times but I cant find an answer in these forums or via search.  I want to create an admin install for Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.1.  RIM publishes a guide for creating a silent install but not a useful guide for turning off the autoupdate feature.  Their answer, basically, is to regedit the HKCU keys to disable autupdate.  However, These keys do not exist until after the user logins and runs the desktop manager for the first time.

How can these keys be incorporated during the initial install?  I attempted to create an MST with orca however, contrary to to RIM's silent install guide you can't run the msi directly, rather you have to use the setup.exe to kick off the msi.

Has anyone had any luck creating the mst? What lines in the msi do you edit to create the mst? And finally, how do you run the install with the mst in command line?

Considering that the largest user base for blackberries are enterprise environments RIM really needs to make a more admin friendly install with proper documentation. While our hate does make us stronger, **bleep** off the IT crowd will only further fuels the push to other devices.

Please use plain text.