Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

dcdarrencrosby
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

How to sync contacts with Google Voice?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the Desktop Software and need a little help.  I have had my bb for over 2 years now, but I have never used the DT software for anything but a full back up do a full reset of my phone.

So he is the situation.  I just signed up for a Google Voice account and replaced my sprint voicemail with the google voicemail.  I want to add all my bb contacts to my gmail/google account but I don't want to do it manually.  To sum things up, here are my questions (the ones that I think would solve my problem, but feel free to let me know if I'm venturing down the wrong path at anytime)

1) Is there a way to set the DT software to use Gmail/google as the application for Address Book?  Right now I'm just using the Windows 7 Contacts.

2) If I can't use Gmail directly, is there another application that the DT software can link to that will save all the contacts as CSV files, and then I import them to Gmail that way?  I believe Windows 7 saves them as a .contact file and Gmail says the format is invalid?

3) How do I add applications to the DT software that are available to sync the organizer data with?  Currently the only options I have are Yahoo, Windows 7 Contacts, ASCII, and a 4th that I don't remember at the moment.

The usb port on my phone is going bad, so I have to do a balancing act it the cable in order to get the computer to even recognize that the phone is connected, so I really would like to get all my contacts into my Gmail account in case I have to get a different type of phone.... My patience is running thin waiting on the new Bold LOL

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: How to sync contacts with Google Voice?

Hey dcdarrencrosby,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

You will not be able to use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to synchronize your contacts from BB to Google.

However if you have a Gmail account added on the BlackBerry, there is a wireless sync option that can bring your contacts over.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moscar
My Device: Blacberry 8350i (IDEN, Wi-Fi)
My Carrier: nextel

Re: How to sync contacts with Google Voice?

I am using a blackberry 8350i with OS v5.0.0.1074 (1737, platform 3.2.0.34) and I can not find the option to sync contacts when I edit my gmail account.
Any help?
thanks
moscar

Please use plain text.