Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
britters
My Device: Curve 8500
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

I NEED HELP!!!

hey there,

i am in need of desperate help! My blackberry contacts on my curve (only a year old device) won't let me add or edit contacts. My App World has also disappeared and is not fixable via reboot. I went to my provider and they suggested factory resetting my phone via computer. However after I finish typing in the correct prompts, a window pops up indicating i need blackberry device manager. WHERE do i find this? I downlaoded the PC desktop software, which it stated somewhere online something about needing that before the device software??? I dont know i am in the dark and just want me phone to work properly again! Can i get a link to the device manager or better yet steps for this?! HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

Hello

Welcome to the Community

This has been an ongoing issue for Blackberry phones OS5 and below. Please check the link below:

Unable to edit or create new contacts on the BlackBerry Address Book

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
britters
My Device: Curve 8500
My Carrier: MTS

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

Also, how do I get my blackberry app world back? It shows I still have it as an "add on" application in my Options>Applications. Yet it does not appear in any folder in my phone????
Please use plain text.