Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Bessick
My Carrier: Cell C
Accepted Solution

I'VE GOT A BLACKBERRY:9380(I HAVE UPDATED SOME APPLICATIONS FROM MY DESKTOP SOFTWARE)

Good day Sir/Madam

I have a blackberry 9380, and I updated some applications from my desktop software because I can't upgrade my blackberry app world. It completed all the downloads it rebooted afterwards. The saddest part of all is:smileysad:it showed (App Error 200/Reset). I don't know what too do PLEASE HELP ME???

I am also scared of loosing my my bbm contacts again like the last time. I need help like in yesterday please be so kind too assist me.

I will be awaiting on your excellent speedy service.

Regards,

Ashley(:smileysad:)

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: I'VE GOT A BLACKBERRY:9380(I HAVE UPDATED SOME APPLICATIONS FROM MY DESKTOP SOFTWARE)

Hi Bessick

If you are using BBM7 then no need to worry about loosing your BBM contacts, Once you login with your same BlackBerry ID your BBM contacts will sync back to your device.

Regarding your issue with the App error 200, please refer to this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If that fails then try this :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Additional Information :KB30100 : JVM 200 appears on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bessick

Re: I'VE GOT A BLACKBERRY:9380(I HAVE UPDATED SOME APPLICATIONS FROM MY DESKTOP SOFTWARE)

I don't understand the phone is working again like normal after all the applications was installed. Did I do something wrong because all my bbm contacts are gone:smileysad:. I entered exactly the same blackberry ID

Some of my contacts already re-invited me again where was the actual problem so I can avoid this in future I was so angry last night. This has happened three times already. I am seriously considering of buying myself another phone because this is so frustrating.

Please advise me what too do.

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Bessick

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Bessick

If you have a previous backup of your device then you can also restore your BBM contacts from there ,please refer to this article for futher help http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/48765/bma1332766234701.jsp

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bessick

I have looked in my Options> but I don't see anywhere an indication where too verify my Blackberry ID. I never knew it was so difficult too have a Blackberry & these phones are so EXPENSIVE.. especially my one. Look at all the "STUFF"...I have too go through now?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Bessick

On your Device Homescreen go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID >  login with your BlackBerry ID ,After Login Open BBM and see if your BBM contacts are available .

Or if you have a previous backup then connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software > Click On device > Restore > You can select your BBM contact list to from the list which you can restore back on your device. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bessick

I am so tired of this now. I am in Blackberry ID Account now and this is what I see infront of me.

First Name: Ashley

Last Name: Bessick

Screen Name:

Username:

Blackberry ID Password "change"

Recovery Question "change"

I don't see anywhere a login button to click on how can I restart if its not showing that at all?? My previous backup was not completed fully because I interrupted it. I had no choice but with my new software upgrade it went through all my files & everything was completed.

Please help me once again:smileysad:

Regards

Bessick

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Bessick

It appears that you are already login to your BlackBerry ID on your device , Within that screen you press the Menu key > Then Check for Updates, if it updates see if you are able to view your BBM contacts. If that fails then I am sorry to say you might be unable to recover your BBM contacts.as you don't have any backup also.

Hey Bessick backup is our own part , RIM has offered a very nice application BlackBerry Protect , its free and is very easy too, it backups our device data which we can restore any time over the air , so please use it and also do a weekly backup using BlackBerry desktop software so that such situation never arise .  If above fails then please never mind and start all over again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ToniYoung
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi, I updated the device software via the Desktop Manager, When it gets to the reboot it tries to reboot but comes up with the App Error 200.  The PC then attemps to reboot again and the App Error 200 comes up, it's now stuck in a loop.  I then disconnected the phone and restarted the Desktop Manager and followed your instructions, twice for both options and it still goes into the App Error 200 loop.

So frustrated! :Boat:

Please use plain text.