Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Ferg487
My Device: BB BOLD
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

INSUFFICIENT STORAGE TO SYNC MEDIA

In attempting to sync my music to my BB with Desktop Software, I received the above message.

The explanation for it says: "If you don't have enough storage space on your smartphone or tablet for your complete music library, but you want to synchronize specific playlists as well as a random selection of your songs, select the check box beside one or more playlists. Click Random Music."

I only want to upload about ten songs, so I would like to use this option, the problem is  I cannot see my complete music library to check the boxes  in Desktop Software.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane
My Device: Not Specified

Re: INSUFFICIENT STORAGE TO SYNC MEDIA

Why can't you see your complete music library to check the boxes?

It should show a break down of Playlists / Artists / Genres for the music you have in either iTunes or Windows Media Player.

If you don't have our music managed in one of those tools, it won't show up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ferg487

I have both Windows Media and Itunes....my songs are all in both. But nothing shows up in Desktop mamager that allows me to check any songs, playlists etc. (Just tried to do a screen shot of the page it shows for you but wasnt able to) 

It just seems to me that under the "Insufficient storage" warning, it should give you an option to check off certain songs or playlists but it doesn't. There is nothing under the warning. I chked both windows media and itunes and both are working fine.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane

The music screen usually looks like this:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ferg487

That's exactly the sort of thing I was expecting to see, but there's nothing., just the message about insufficient data. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane

Oh, do you have a media card in your phone?

Some of the phones have a tiny amount of built in memory.  So little that I think the software just tells you it's not available to use, becuase it might not even fit 10 songs.  

If you have an SD card inserted, be sure to go to the Device Options (somewhere in the menu) and go to the Media tab and set the storage location for music to the SD card.  Maybe it's defaulting to the tiny internal memory.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ferg487

I'm not quite sure I have an SD card in it....it's a work phone that I'm using, when I go into the Options menu>Device>Storage, it tells me I have 187.0 MB of Application Storage, and Under Media Card Storage it says I have 1.8GB of Total Space, and 1.1 GB of free space. Does this help?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane

Yeah, switch it to that media card.

In Desktop, go to the Device menu, should see 'device options' or something like that.  One of the tabs in that dialog is 'media'.

You should see a drop down box in there to switch where you store music.   I bet it's currently set to the phone instead of the media card.  Switch it to the card and restart the app.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ferg487

Ok, that sounds like it's what I need to do, but I can't seem to find out where that is. I went to Options>Device>Storage "Change Media Card setting", but there is no drop down menu tehre to switch where I store music. The only options to check off or on are: "Enable Compression" and " Media Card Support". Checking or unchecking either of these does not appear to assist. Arghhh ( I appreciate your help so far by the way!)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane

The option I'm talking about is in the Desktop Software.  

On your computer.

Not the menus on the phone.  

Please use plain text.