Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
foglejr
My Device: Not Specified

Install & synchronization problems

I purchased a Pearl II with 4.3 software and have tried the installation, but have several problems.  I had a Curve previously and the 4.2 software worked fine.

On installation I received 3 Error 1904 messages, ( theSyncAE_pb.dll, DesktopSetup_pb.dll, GWApl.dll) all failed to register, but the software installed.  I cannot synchronize with my phone, but the the media manager and the backup and restore programs work ok.

Thanks

John

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Install & synchronization problems

I have a really stupid question so please ignore it if this is not the case...but did you uninstall the old desktop manager before?
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like a bad install which could be caused by several things...including what I already mentioned. I have also seen it before when someone doesn't have admin rights to install software and also because of different anti-virus programs that are already installed on computers.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foglejr
My Device: Not Specified

I did not uninstall the previous version, and the 4.3 software uninstalled the earlier version.  I deleted all of the BB software and reinstalled with the same result.

I unstalled version 4.3 again and did a registery clean and installed version 4.2 with service pack 2 and it worked OK. 

Please use plain text.